NP Camping trip in July

Yogi

I took off this last Month and Headed to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I spent a couple days here then Headed up to Hatch Utah and set up camp at the Riverside Resort Visited Zion and Bryce Natl Parks then broke camp and visited Cedar Breaks NP and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon before heading for home. All in all right around 1400 miles for the trip with 560 of those on the last day.

Thanks to all the posts on the motorcycle camping forum I considered my camping trip a success I had good equipment and was very comfortable thanks to those posts. The only problem I had was I had a 5 gal collapsible water jug that the ravens pecked their way thru at the Grand Canyon that I had to replace mid trip

Here is a LINKY to my pics

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice trip.

Brother and I are traveling in that area mid-Sep. Phx to North Rim, then into Utah and back down through Canyonlands.

Now it works. And it brings back lots of memories. I've ridden Zion, Bryce, and Cedar Breaks more on a bicycle than on a motorcycle and it's been way too long since I've been there. Did you ride Utah 12 east of Bryce Canyon NP? It's one of my all-time favorite motorcycle roads.

No I didn't this trip it was planned in the beginning but then I decided to backtrack and do Cedar Breaks and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on the way home. Someone else also mentioned 12 e of Bryce. I will have to go back and do that! ;^)

It was though too short:doh1: This was my first MC Camping trip. I previously had a boat and camped from it quite often. Lost most of my gear as my kids grew up and moved out. I had just put most of this gear together in the last couple of months and this was my shakedown cruise for it.

Thank you so much Yogi for sharing your wonderful memories with us. What a fantastic trip! Rife safe my friend.

Bud

Back
Top Bottom