NT-700 Check Engine Light

• Thread starter Handsome Prince
  • Start date
Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
Seems to be a common problem with the NTs:

"...the bike started running really badly...55-60 mph was my absolute top speed..." (Phil.) Happened twice to me; the first time the bike just turned off, the second time it wouldn't go more than 40-45. On both occassions I pulled over, shut her down, and was fine after I restarted. Dealer played round with the TPS, things have been fine since. Must have been something loose there.

bicyclist

I'm like seagrass, I find it hard to believe that the throttle body could really be your problem.
The throttle position sensor does not seem to be available as a separate part from the throttle bodies. Therefore, it appears that if you have a defective sensor, you must buy the whole throttle body assembly. That's a terrible waste since the sensor is nothing but a variable resistor.

Handsome Prince, I'd strongly recommend that you get the defective assembly back from the dealer after they replace it. It is yours, after all. I suspect that someone could find a way to substitute/repair the TPS.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
My problem with the TPS was a low-voltage signal there. My dealer replaced the regulator/rectifier and I haven't had any issues since.

clement.riancho

Dears,

I had a 8 blinks trouble during 3 years (Sometime flashing, sometimes not). I had the same trouble issues as described in yours posts (Speed limited to 100km/h, "relay" sound behind the tank...)
I replaced Spark, cable spark, batterie, regulator and i was wondering to replace the TPS... But i've decided to visit a Honda Garage to let them my Deauville.

They found a cable cut after the airbox sensor and one spark was not correctly installed. They fixed it and now (since 2 days) everything is working well.
Sorry for my poor english level but I hope it will help some of you.

Clement (France)

Bike
2010 red NT700 1983 VF750
Thank you Clement for posting what the issue was on your bike. A cut cable could be hard to find if you weren't looking for it depending on where it was cut.

clement.riancho

After 3 weeks, it still working well... No more issues... my bike seems news ;-)

Top Bottom