NT engine oil ???

The oil filters are real easy to change using a socket style filter wrench and a wobble extension using the hole in the center stand. It can be done with a regular extension but it tough to keep the filter socket cap on the filter. With a wobble extension its a snap

I have had a hard time finding a wobble extension (wobbler) anywhere. Where did you get yours?
I really cold have used one when installing the centerstand on my Wee.

I have had a hard time finding a wobble extension (wobbler) anywhere. Where did you get yours?
I really cold have used one when installing the centerstand on my Wee.

I inherited my first two from my Dad. Liked them so much I have since added them for My 1/2" drive (Harbor Freight) and recently my 1/4" (Steve's Wholesale, a local discount tool store).

The 1/4" also made the clamp on the forward cylinder intake so easy they paid for themselves with my first valve adjustment. I just removed the top/forward bolt from the radiator reservoir, pushed it out of the way, and slide a 4" wobble extension between the cooling hoses and onto the clamp with a 1/4" 8mm deep socket. No stress, no mess, simple easy removal. Added a 12mm spacer to both front and rear clamps before re-installation which simplified getting the proper installation spacing on the clamps.

Not exactly sure which members from the list recommended adding the spacers to the clamps, but it was an EXCELLENT idea!!! Otherwise it would have been a major pain in the AS* to measure the gap on that forward clamp. So to those of you who thought it up Thank You Very Much!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the wobbler sites. Ordered a set from Amazon. I also bought a metric set of Allen wrenches with a ball tip. Essentially does the same thing a socket wobbler does. Made getting an Allen bolt installed on my Wee's center stand much easier. If I had this set of Allen wrenches to start with it would have saved a lot of hair pulling and a few cuss words........

Yep you need tools that make the job easier not harder. And with a motorcycle you usually don't have to torque 150 lbs. so tools that can do a little angle make many jobs easier. I never owned a inch pound wrench till I started to work on my motorcycle. Now I have both a 1/4 for really small number and a 3/8 for larger inch numbers, as well as my ft/pound wrench. I also got some JIS screw drivers because of my metric bikes. I think I take too many tools in my kit, and lucking have use very few when on the road.

So picked bike up tonight , had initial valve check done ( 716 mi. on mine ) , exhaust was ok , intake was out a little and they adjusted . $ 220.00 for valves only . Sounds like this is about average . Got bike home and did first oil change . Have always used RedLine oil in the car , somewhat high reving high tech motor . Started using RedLine in VFR last spring ( for engine and final drive ) anyway used oem honda filter , RedLine 10w30 Motorcycle oil all synthetic and RedLine 80w Gear oil with Shockproof in final drive . Just wondering if anyone has used this gear oil ? Kind of crazy stuff . Clumpy & lumpy and clings to gears . Kind of reminds me of the chain lube I use to have for the three wheeler .

Back
Top Bottom