NT Side Storage

Jmriley125

Hi all,
I'm a newer NT owner and have a question about the side storage. Some of the plastic on the inside of the storage compartment covers where the clips are has been breaking off. I have been able to make some amends to where the side compartments will lock shut but I would feel more comfortable if I could get them completely fixed. Has anyone replaced these covers completely? If so where did you buy the replacement parts from? Or are there different options to replace the factory side storage with after market options? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Bike
2010 NT700V
If you're talking about the lids themselves, now would be a good time to pick up a set of the European "big lids". Honda never officially released them stateside. They greatly increase the storage capacity over the originals.

I see David Silver Spares just did a restock. https://www.davidsilverspares.com/NT700V-2010-USA/part_140041/

As for the busting plastic where the two clips mount, the best bet is to try and reinforce the area before a problem happens. One of the first things I did after fitting my big lids was pool up some JB weld plastic bond around the posts where the screws go into.

You can see a photo of this here https://www.nt-owners.org/forums/threads/right-side-outer-case-cover.12416/post-166259

Last edited:
Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Welcome to the NT. You have just discovered one of the NT's weak points.
The big lids are nice, a full face helmet will fit in the left lid. The posts can be reinforced but it is still a weak link.
Do some searching on this site. Many here have replaced the lid latches with external latches. Mine still have original working latches that have been reinforced.

Brad

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The repair to the latch mounting points on each side is simple. Repair of the plastic posts that secure the latch mechanism inside the saddle bag body is a lot more complicated which is why most owners opt to go with external latches.

Top Bottom