NT700 Sidecar Rig

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Cool! Wonder if they make a kit to mount a sidecar on the right-side of the bike.

OP
OP
tawilke46

tawilke46

Don't know Phil. That would be necessary for driving on the right side of the road.
Might send them an e-mail to find out. Just take a little "reverse" engineering!

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I think it is a nice looking set up. but I believe that either a HD, or GL1800 with reverse geas are a better choicein dollars etc, even with the HD reverse running a extra 25,35,00 installed!

Just my own thoughts as a soiled senior citizn who may one day depend on his grand daughter to ethe piolet while he plays monkey in the S. Car!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
You're probably right, Eldon, but I'd never be able to afford a Wing or HD with a sidecar. Tacking one onto my 200K+ mile NT in 7 or 8 years would probably be better than buying a Ural in terms of reliability.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Phil, You are very right about the Ural in my opinion ,although they have came a long ways in the last 10 years.

The older wings & HD's can be found already set upon occasions for reasonable prices , also older BMW's , just a matter of being ready to jump when one comes along!

I am aware of a local HD guy that found a like new HD sidecar that was like new, he had it shipped out of CA into the dealer of his choice to have it mounted and the reverse gear put in his existing Road King. I think it cost him arround12,000 by the time he was done as he already had the older Road king. they are a all HD family another RK with side car, and the wife is on a 93 Soft tail springer!, LOL they are both olde than I am!

old him I sure was glad it was him that found that new car and not me and he just smiled at me!

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Very pretty rig but $8200 FOB in the UK seems a bit steep for just the Chair.

Top Bottom