NT700V and VA

Ron Hudson

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V..95PC800
Greetings: First time post.. purchased the 2010 bike in Feb 2020..enjoy this form, good information. Question on the designation of V and VA.
My understanding is VA means ABS brakes. Mine does not have ABS, but a sticker under the seat has NT700VA.. Sticker has Color Code numbers.. Wonder if this is the Color Code info for both V and VA bikes and no reference to ABS brakes. Great bike along with my PC800..

Correct, VA is the designation for the ABS model. If you're shopping for parts on sites like Partzilla, you'll find both models listed. Most parts are identical between the 2 models, except ABS specific items. Don't know about the color code sticker though, I ve seen the sticker you mention, mine is a red 2010 non-ABS model, you could use the sticker info to buy touch up paint.

Brad

Correct, VA is the designation for the ABS model. If you're shopping for parts on sites like Partzilla, you'll find both models listed. Most parts are identical between the 2 models, except ABS specific items. Don't know about the color code sticker though, I ve seen the sticker you mention, mine is a red 2010 non-ABS model, you could use the sticker info to buy touch up paint.

Brad
Thanks for the info.. mine is also Red.. regards Ron

and a shout-out for your PC800! I enjoyed riding one of those once.

Tom
Miami, FL

Last edited:
Welcome to the best Forum ever, Ron! It's been a looong time since I bought my first NT (March of '10), and I remember having trouble buying insurance for a couple of weeks because State Farm didn't show anything with a serial number like mine. But we got that worked out. About the difference between model designations (V, VA, and VAA), it vaguely seems to me that the VAA might have been had something to do with California bikes.

Enjoy the bike!

I have the same sticker, mine is red as well and I don't have ABS yet my sticker says VA.

Mike

For a long time, American Honda used a letter designation after the model to denote the year model but don't know if that rule was still active in 2010. It appeared on the outside of the crate (cardboard carton) but often not anywhere else. If it's an actual part NOT a complete motorcycle, the letter at the end of the P/N is the color or type of finish.

As regards internet parts sellers, CheapCycleParts lists four different NT700Vs which has always befuddled me. Sometimes I'd cross check the part I wanted against the other 3 models listed and they were usually identical parts.

Back
Top Bottom