NT700V Owners manual download?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
:think1: What's a Honda CRV?????? :doh1: Oh! It's not a motorcycle, is it?

Must be some kind of cage.

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
I am a moderator on the THG (Tom's Hardware Guide) computer web site and this is a battle we are fighting constantly. This time it looks as if we have a happy ending.

I think user manuals, whether you own the item or not, should be free. Service manuals are another matter.

I realize I came along really late in this discussion......but my used bike did not come with an owners manual, and it was nice to be able to read one. I now understand what that little piece of looped cable is for....I never would have figured out that it was helmet lock or that it doubles as a fuel tank suport!

I was also surprised to read in the manual that we are supposed to have a "Tool Kit" for roadside repairs - but I keep reading that Honda never provided one for the NT700!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I was also surprised to read in the manual that we are supposed to have a "Tool Kit" for roadside repairs - but I keep reading that Honda never provided one for the NT700!
Honda did provide a tool kit in Europe. I don't know if they continued that in 2010 and 2011 forward, but the earlier models over there had one.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I bought the NT700V tool kit from Europe. Expensive little bugger. So far I have not had to use it. Just like I have not had to use the first aid kit or the tire repair kit or the spare fusses I carry or any of the other stuff I have packed away in the right pannier. I am either really lucky or I carry around to much junk.

OvO

Bike
2010 Red NT700
My used NT did include a toolkit, perhaps it was a special purchase by the PO. Nothing too interesting in it, though there is one tool I don't recognize -- some kind of odd wrench that looks like it might be used to adjust the rear suspension preload -- on a different bike, since this bike has the knurled knob. A spark plug wrench, which I've never ever had to perform as a roadside repair on any vehicle. I would have thought that a more practical "roadside repair" toolkit would be 20' of baling wire, a pair of pliers&wirecutters, a crescent wrench, 20' of gorilla tape, a good flat sealant (some car mfrs are including these instead of spares now), 4 CO2 cartridges and a schrader valve adapter, and a small led flashlight.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Toolkits are still supplied with the bike in Europe. There are still a few "new" Deauvilles left for sale in France and they have them.

I find the toolkit excellent for most servicing and repairs on the bike. I rarely get my sockets etc. out now. If I do, it's only to check the torque on some of the bolts and it's usually spot on.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I have it. It's a mix of NT and Transalp which can be confusing. The OEM service manual is better.

Bike
Black Deauville NT700
The Honda workshop manual beats the Haynes manual by a country mile. The Haynes manuals tend to be task orientated. This can lead to unnecessary work.

In my first foray into spannering, I painstakingly disassembled a contact breaker assembly and carefully laid all components out on paper. Later, it was discovered that the thing would come away in one lump. If you do get a Haynes, to use it properly it is essential to assess the task and not to blindly follow the instructions.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The non-factory, service manuals typically combine more than one model to make them financially viable but it can get confusing to a user.

Conversely, the factory manuals usually cover multiple years of the same model because they don't publish the manuals to make money. :)

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Top Bottom