OEM Lower Fairing Bargain

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
Oh, the pain!
I've been wanting this for 2 1/2 years at a reasonable price...but what I think is reasonable, the wife won't.
My head hurts trying to decide!
Ok, I finally pulled the trigger with 2 left. If my wife finds out, that is what she will do, pull the trigger!
Hoping the company bonus time comes soon for an excuse.

CommuterNT

Package arrived today with lower cowl, ordered on Oct 30, ....so 8 days shipping. Never did get a tracking number. Plan on installing in 2 weeks when doing valve checks and other maintenance items when NT is on my ghetto table.
I got mine in the same manner. Ordered 31st, received today.

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
Ok, I finally pulled the trigger with 2 left. If my wife finds out, that is what she will do, pull the trigger!
Hoping the company bonus time comes soon for an excuse.
Received the lower in just over a week from U.K.. Thanks for the heads up on this buy! Another reason to appreciate this website and all the members.
Thanks to those who shared their experience with the lower, I was able to install mine last evening after work in about 45 minutes after having done some prep sorting and test assembly, and with the help of one of our young techs with all the latest hand tools. The members' note and photos were a big help getting it all in my mind before starting to assemble. I couldn't find a 12mm or 1/2 hole saw locally, but used a "Pilot Point" bit that worked very well....go slow and careful!
It looks nice and I could tell the difference in wind not going up my pants legs on the way home.
Two problems...not available in U.S. and overpriced at the regular cost.

OP
OP
dnktng
Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Two problems...not available in U.S. and overpriced at the regular cost.
Hopefully David Silver Spares in the USA will carry it in the future.

Agreed, it is overpriced for what it is, even at this discount. I am unsure if a customer can buy all the individual parts for the undercowl from lingshondaparts.com (or any other Europe dealer), but if one did the total would only be less than $70. Would still need to pay shipping, find the instructions (I keep mine, surely others here do the same and would share), and find some nuts and bolts at the local hardware store. The instructions give hardware sizes, so that would help completing the kit. Could have ended up paying closer to $150, than the $270.

Bike
2011 Black nt700va
Well I ordered all the pieces(except 4 rubber pieces) from Lings Honda came to $72.00 including freight. Let you know how it all works out in few weeks.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Well I ordered all the pieces(except 4 rubber pieces) from Lings Honda came to $72.00 including freight. Let you know how it all works out in few weeks.
Kevin, How did this work out? I have a friend thinking about this approach. I bought the kit.

YKnot

I too am interested in how this came out. I would love a lower fairing, but even $200 seems a bit excessive to me.

slider

Second best farkle money I've spent. Seems bulletproof too.

YKnot

I just got an email that they are in stock at DavidSilverSpares.
I have a problem buying something for $295 when they don't even have a picture of it or a "item includes" list for it on their website.

Bike
2011 Black nt700va
Well guys sorry so long for reply. It actually worked out very nicely for about $100 total in January. Order your pieces from Lings. Instead of expensive rubber insulators for the frame use liquid brush on electrical tape, go to the hardware store (not HD or Lowes a real hardware store)get your rubber metric nutserts and stainless button head bolts for the nutserts and frame attachments. Also get the long metric bolt and nut that go thru the engine case and bushings. Here's the hard part you need 2 bushings that fit in engine case with a shoulder and 10mm holes for the long bolt to go thru. I had these made by a local Honda motorcycle restoration guru Nobby Allen. Have great guy like Slider on our forum send you his install sheet from the factory lower cowl package and eyeball your way thru it. I unfortunately have misplaced his kindness(install sheet)and the compiled parts list for this project but I will search very hard for this info and post it asap. When and if I find this install sheet I will pass it forward to next person doing this project. Ride safe and ATGATT.

Last edited:
Bike
2011 Black nt700va
Oh, by the way I didn't drill holes in my faring I used MMM hook and loop attachment(industrial strength) and it's holding up great. Its not a flat attachment like the nutserts but it works great and no one notices its not factory even the servicing dealer thought it came that way.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I do not see how you got the parts for the price you giving. I look at the parts and it seems not to be anywhere as cheap as you list.

Bike
2011 Black nt700va
WOW! Your right Miairhead. When I purchased the left and right lower cowl pieces in January of this year from Lings UK they were about $30 each side and all the brackets had part numbers to order no calling them. Guess they caught on it was way cheap or they are running out of stock. I had all pieces and brackets shipped to me for about $80. My how prices change for the worse in less than a year. I guess now there's no way to do this cheaply. Sorry about the misleading pricing. Ride safe & ATGATT.

Top Bottom