OHIO RT 26 at it's best

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Just a heads up for those of you close enough, or in the area of Marietta OH soon, OH 26 that runs north out of Marietta to at least where it meets OH 800 is in the best shape I've seen in several years. Get some !
Note I didn't get to ride Rt 26 north of Woodsfield but it was repaved last year.

Also, stay off Rt_255 from Rt 800 to Rt 7 at Sardis OH. IT IS BAD ! I think I may need new fillings and there were more temporary red lights due to slips than anyone should need to endure.

Bike
2010 red NT700 1983 VF750
Duane, you live in a most delightful area for motorcycle riding. 26 to 800 is a great road. Jungle Jim n I had breakfast in Woodsfield on our way home Sunday morning! There are a few bumps on 800 between 7 and Woodsfield but not bad. Lord willing I'll be back this year!

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Duane, you live in a most delightful area for motorcycle riding. 26 to 800 is a great road. Jungle Jim n I had breakfast in Woodsfield on our way home Sunday morning! There are a few bumps on 800 between 7 and Woodsfield but not bad. Lord willing I'll be back this year!
Sounds good. Let me know and we can hit some more great roads. Was great to meet you.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Duane and I are thinking of moving the NT Gathering locale to Burr Oak State Park in Southern OH. It's only a few minutes from "The Big Muskie" on 78 and you passed the entrance to Burr Oak on the Saturday ride. This would also put us much closer to the Hocking Hills riding area that is a real delight - at least it is on weekdays.

If anyone wants it in their area, please step forward now. Hey, why did everyone take a step back? :)

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Duane and I are thinking of moving the NT Gathering locale to Burr Oak State Park in Southern OH. It's only a few minutes from "The Big Muskie" on 78 and you passed the entrance to Burr Oak on the Saturday ride. This would also put us much closer to the Hocking Hills riding area that is a real delight - at least it is on weekdays.

If anyone wants it in their area, please step forward now. Hey, why did everyone take a step back? :)
offer up somewhere in NC along northern Blue Ridge parkway. bigger mountains to ride

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I agree about the Blue Ridge Mtns offering great riding but event planning takes people "on the ground."

It would be great but you'd also have to do all the planning, routes, make arrangements with hotel or state park, etc. I don't know about WVRider, but I'd be all for moving it to another location. Just find someone who is interested and can help you, then start on the task! :)

Bike
2010 red NT700 1983 VF750
How about an early fall ride? I believe there are several motorcycle only campgrounds along the Blue Ridge area with cabins. Also Burr Oak sounds good to me!

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
I agree about the Blue Ridge Mtns offering great riding but event planning takes people "on the ground."

It would be great but you'd also have to do all the planning, routes, make arrangements with hotel or state park, etc. I don't know about WVRider, but I'd be all for moving it to another location. Just find someone who is interested and can help you, then start on the task! :)
I'd be fine with that also and I know many, many routes down there. However, as Tosh mentioned, someone on the ground there would make it better in making arrangements.

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V

Hey DirtFlier, sent you an email to check out.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't see this post on Friday!!!!! I was just past there Saturday on Spyder with wife. We went from Hwy 52 in Virginia onto BRP, stopped a few times, and went to Blowing Rock. With highs around our homestead mid 90's, it was good feeling to feel temps 10 degrees cooler.
Yes I can visit again. I see ONLY 16 double rooms, if NT group went we would have well over half those rooms. I will find out all details. That is very close to top edge of the state on BRP. I have been down Hwy both 16 & 18. I have not seen this motel, don't know if you can see from BRP, but my fact finding trip will tell.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Dave - the total number of rooms available at Station's Inn may pose a problem since according to Duane (WVRider) we have had a block of 10 rooms reserved for us at North Bend SP and this year, we used all of them. If you know of a place that might be more suitable, please chime in.

And I'm still not 100% convinced that moving the NT Gathering away from North Bend is such a good idea.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
wait a minute....don't move away from North Bend? you where just thinking of going back to Burr Oak, or someplace in that area

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I will visit Burr Oak sometime this summer to have another look-see but I'm not convinced it would be better than North Bend. The main advantage is that we'd be situated right in the center of a lot of good Ohio roads.

We had a NT Gathering at Burr Oak prior to our using Davis and we stayed to two cabins but if we use it again, I'd opt for a room in a lodge. They have "3-for-2" special if you reserve a room before Memorial Day so that sounds pretty good. They also have a nice restaurant in the lodge and even a bar so buying adult beverages (after the riding is done!) is possible. :)

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
I will visit Burr Oak sometime this summer to have another look-see but I'm not convinced it would be better than North Bend. The main advantage is that we'd be situated right in the center of a lot of good Ohio roads.

We had a NT Gathering at Burr Oak prior to our using Davis and we stayed to two cabins but if we use it again, I'd opt for a room in a lodge. They have "3-for-2" special if you reserve a room before Memorial Day so that sounds pretty good. They also have a nice restaurant in the lodge and even a bar so buying adult beverages (after the riding is done!) is possible. :)
Only problem I see at Burr Oak is their rooms all seem to have one bed. I did not see any with two beds. If that is so, will be costly.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Oops...I just looked more carefully at the Burr Oak website and saw the same thing. And using cabins really wouldn't work for us because our group would be split.

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Oops...I just looked more carefully at the Burr Oak website and saw the same thing. And using cabins really wouldn't work for us because our group would be split.
That is true Tosh. I replied to your post in the WV Gathering. I also got on another road with Lori the other day that would be good to put us on next year if we stay at North Bend.

Top Bottom