oil filters

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I just watched Soundtechguy's video about aftermarket oil filters on the NT. Wow, am I glad I watched it. If you haven't seen it, you should watch it.

It could save your engine

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Make sure your filter is 2.5" or less in length. If in doubt get the OEM filter. They can be found on the Internet for around $10 ea in qty.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I've been spoiled by the K&N filters that have a nut on them for ease of removal and installation.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Yes, Aaron, I was kidding. :)

But who knows? It comes out of a hose -- what's that hose attached to? Their oil drain pans? A bit of suspicion never hurt.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'll betcha' money it's cheap. I'd ask what it is. They've got to tell you.

I'd also bet that it's energy-conserving if it's what they put in cars. Don't wanna' use that stuff in motorcycles -- it's bad for the clutch.

1fastbob

Bulk oil is normal brand name oil usually sold to dealerships in 55 gal drums or totes (275 Gal.). Bulk simply means it is not packaged for sale to the average consumer in quarts or gallons. In reality bulk oil would come in a tank truck and be pumped into a tank at the dealership, but many car dealerships get it in drums or totes and call it bulk oil. Bulk oil is the same exact oil that comes in containers (quarts and gallons) less the retail customer packaging. I am sure if you ask any Honda dealer or car dealership that uses bulk oil they will tell you the weight and brand.

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
Seems to me, the last time I used Bulk Oil was in the early 60's in my first car, a '53 Willy's Aero Eagle. It burned almost as much oil as it did twenty cent gas. The no-name oil came in glass bottles with a tin spout and yes they refilled the bottles from the no-name tank.:cool:

Top Bottom