On Waiting for Honda to import UK/Euro accessories

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
How about those overseas accessories. We live in a small world and things form all over are here quick. No big problem yet.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Did not know a Pinto would do 100. When I drove mine on the Autobahns, Best I got was 97 indicated. Of course the wagons were heavier than the Fastbacks

I don't think a Pinto would do 100 -- that Pinto sure wouldn't have! Re-read what you quoted: It was a Caprice that did the run (121 miles, IIRC) between Gerlach and Reno at just under a 100mph average.

So, I also had a Pinto when I was in the Army. I bought it right out of graduate school and filled it up in Denver for 24.9 cents a gallon. By August, gasp, gas was 50 cents a gallon. I drove it about 90,000 miles and it never failed me once. I now have the new (2010) Subaru Outback and am delighted with it and get about 25+ mpg. I have a Mazda 3 which does about 27 mpg. The Subaru comes with heated seats and can hold a ton of stuff.

I will also soon order larger pannier lids from England. Good to know Phil has done this stuff.

Terry

Drider

You know what ? When we got to know the Deauville (the NT...) would be imported to the States we (froggies) immediately thought that you (Americans) would have plenty of farkles so that we would have to order from the States to get them...And I can see that you have to order your own stuff from GB dealers...I must have got it wrong somehow!!!
Well,you have a lot of farkles we still don't have.We do not have fuzeblocks but don't need it that much 'cause we don't add so many lights on our NTs (Deauville!) though Honda has some on th optional list.

elizilla

Drider,
I fear the NT, along with most sport touring bikes, has us looking across the pond for farkles. The farkles widely available in the USA are all for cruisers - you don't see NT farkles in any ordinary motorcycle shop. Most local motorcycle shops have a huge catalog from Parts Unlimited and/or a huge catalog from Tucker Rocky, and they can't get anything else. Even if you want something from one of these catalogs, you order it and wait - nothing is in stock. And those two distributors don't even carry farkles for the NT.

Instead we get things from a very small group of specialty shops that have gone outside the two big distributor systems, and become dealers for other brands. And those brands are often in Europe. The USA is huge, so it's not like these kind of stores are within most of our normal range of travels. We order them and wait for the shipping, just like you do. And even having these stores is kind of a new thing - ten years ago when I was trying to buy stuff from SW-Motech, I had to order it from a shop in Germany.

The farkles that are unique to the USA mostly come from even smaller companies, like MCL's. Most of what MCL sells, are items he's designed (or copied ;) ) and built or arranged small scale manufacture, directly. The USA has a lot of guys like MCL who cook up something for themselves, and go on to market it on a small scale. Heck, if you saw my post about creating my own topcase rack? And a few people followed up asking me to make them for them? This is how one becomes a MCL. If you choose to (not me, not at this time). I'd say the Fuzeblock also falls in this category.

As an American, I have this (probably imaginary) idea of Europe as a place where the kind of motorcycle stuff I want, is as common as useless chrome doodads are in the USA. And if I ever make another trip over there, one of the things I want to find time for, is shopping for motorcycle stuff.

Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Drider

Yes for sure.We thought that you guys just had to go to the shop round the corner to get what you want and we were wrong;if you come over the pond one more time I'd be glad to help you shop what you want or need or fancy!

Drider

Help the poor rookie who doesn't even know what the ''rant '' is or means..Thanks!

Bike
Silver NT700V
If you check the European Honda site, you will find far more accessories from Honda for the NT. Includes are fog lights, speakers, larger pannier lids, and others not sold in the US through Honda.

Keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

Top Bottom