One of our own...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I opened RiderWearhouse's Fall Supplement to their catalog today and right there on the inside front page, the first thing I see has John Grinsel's name on it. At first I thought he was getting a whole page of text, but then I looked again and saw that it was "Mr. Subjective" (code for Andy Goldfine, CEO and inventor of the Aerostitch) replying to John Grinsel.

Still, a little bit of glory is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I spoke with John today and he (half jokingly) said he thinks he's been banned from the NT site for some reason. I had a thoroughly enjoyable conversation with him about his NT, and his motorcycling history in general. I hope to meet him face-to-face some day. - T. Fletcher
We gave him a few warnings before placing him in an area where he could not interact on the site much. He knows the why of that. However, there's no reason my he can't be given another shot at it if he would like to participate here.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have seen really good forums become a train wreck when moderators changed. Mellow is doing an exemplary job. I would not be a contributor if this was some Mickey Mouse discussion group that covered inane topics.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Thanks Sam, I know you and I have had a few tiffs over posts in the past... and, I respect your choice to tone things down a bit or be banned.. LOL.. Just kidding.. LOL

The tree that bends, will not break...

We try to create a friendly place here and that's the only way I'll be part of the effort. I understand folks have opinion and, in person, I'll listen and discuss them openly.. however, online forums are notorious for allowing certain subjects to get a life of their own. Subjects like politics and religion are subjects that have 2 or more sides and neither of those sides will budge in a discussion which makes those discussions somewhat pointless. I'm not in any way against those or other subjects but I do feel those and a few others pull too much focus away from the 'purpose' of the site.

Some folks confuse being moderated or certain words being *'d out as being politically correct... I don't see it that way... I see it as just trying to be nice. There's nothing wrong with being nice in my opinion and it makes you a better person. You open yourself up to knowing and understanding others much easier when you start with an open door vs a closed door.

We aren't perfect but we try to admin/mod the site with all this in mind.

Perhaps that's a bit unrealistic, but I can't help it.. I have more faith in people...

Bike
Silver NT700V
Rick makes some very good points above. Seems all of the mods are trying to follow those guidelines and that is what makes this forum such a nice place to visit every day. Two Wheeled Texans is another with the same philosophy and result.

Also remember, when we write here, there are noon of the non-verbal cues, expressions, body language, etc., that occur in a face to face. It can be much harder to convey a tongue in cheek comment or satire here. The emoticons help (though picking the right one can be challenge). Then again, I tend to be emoticon deficient and down right text language ignorant.

Keep up the good work,

Chuck

Top Bottom