One Year With My NT and This Forum!

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
Well I have a year with my NT (a little less with this forum) and checked that this week I passed the 12,000 mile mark in miles I have driven it. I bought it used with 1700 miles on it, so it's now approaching 14,000 miles total. The interesting thing is I only have one long (3000 miles) and a couple of short (250 miles) trips on it. The rest is just normal gettin' around.

Bike
2010 RED NT700V
On the trips I make from Nashville to St.Louis on the expressway I have never gotten better than 39 mpg with my Honda Fit Sport with automatic. Its is usually around 36 mpg but its pretty hilly which causes the car to down shift alot trying to maintain 75 going up some of the hills. I pretty much can count on averaging 50 mpg with my NT. The best I have done is 65 mpg and the worst around 49 mpg.
I have the 5-speed Fit Sport, and I am not quite a hyper-miler, but I do coast downhill in neutral whenever possible, and keep the speed down as well. I average about 44 in the summer, and about 38 in the winter.

Nicole

Congratulations! Keep on riding!

I have not made a year yet with either my NT or the forum, but I am at 12,800 miles and average 50 miles per gallon (my calculations). I use the bike mainly for commute to work; which is a 15 miles trip of some highway and some in city driving.

Top Bottom