Overly Farkled??

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
pretty funny...i love the kitchen sink in there!!

Last edited:

tawilke46

How does one see the road in front of that bike?
Two GPS's?
Must have a car battery and a larger alternator on the bike somewhere to run all that stuff!

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
i was wondering about the two gps' myself. maybe one to show the turn by turn directions, and the other for a zoomed-out view of the area? while the first pic was a photoshop having fun, the second pic is real and that just looks downright scary! i hope sam's wing doesn't end up looking like that!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
At the IBA Meeting, there were many bikes with two GPSs and several with three. Some of the older GPSs display info that you can't get from the newer ones. I think I'll mount my old GPS V before I head out on the Epic Ride next summer. I may replace the Street Pilot 2720 with a newer one before then, too.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
The height is well below eye level so vision is not obscured.
One GPS with the route and the other to do "what if routes" and as a backup. Definitely an IBA thing.

You missed the forward pointing Infra red camera to spot wildlife at night.

No additional batteries needed. The OEM Wing alternator at 1300 watts has more than enough power to run the farkles.

That bike also has a auxiliary fuel tank and pulls a trailer set up to run a cooling suit for AC! :eek:
How does one see the road in front of that bike?
Two GPS's?
Must have a car battery and a larger alternator on the bike somewhere to run all that stuff!

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
There's actually three GPS devices on the wing in the picture, the wing has it's own built-in unit as well.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Always make me wonder. If you need that much stuff and that much protection from the elements why not just take a car? :confused:

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Always make me wonder. If you need that much stuff and that much protection from the elements why not just take a car? :confused:
I don't know about all that 'stuff'... it's a bit much IMO but I've never been into the ironbutt stuff so whatever floats your boat is fine with me.

The Wing itself, great bike, I've had two and put over 50k miles on both. They do have some great weather protection so you can look at that in a positive or negative way. I found the Wing wasn't as sporty as I liked, even with the way I was riding it. For me the ST was a nice mix of some protection but not too much.. the Super Tenere is even more on the less-side of that equation.. all were fun to ride.

Top Bottom