Overpants: Icon Brawnson report:

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
I just received a pair of Icon Brawnson Overpants, purchased from Motorcyclegear.com, for $95.00. I had been looking for something to slip on over my work jeans for riding to work in cold weather, (under 42 degrees) and be easy off upon arrival. I used to wear a one piece cold weather riding suit in my younger days, but I wanted something I could wear to work, and have the option of wearing just my riding coat/jeans to ride home in warmer temperature.
I would like to report, that although I haven't worn them yet, I am very impressed with the pants, just looking them over and trying on over jeans.
They fit just great, ordering the same size as the regular jeans you normally wear as recommended. They have a black "jeans" type styling, with belt loops and zippers on each leg, a mesh lining, and knee pads with 3 height/fit adjustable slots for the kneepads.
The pants do run a bit long, but that will probably be appreciated when sitting on the bike, although a person might want to pull some extra up above the knees , when seated, to keep from having the extra material cause problems catching on the footpegs.
The pants have regular jean type pockets, plus large zippered thigh pockets, which I believe could be unzipped for air flow if wanted, throught mesh liner.
They look to be a high quality made garment, with nice quality zippers.
The price was the first selling point for me, but I don't see how any of the higher priced overpants I had looked at could be worth the extra money.
Although, as some of you know, for me to pay full price for anything, hurt deeply, but Ebay just didn't have what I needed at a bargain price for once.
I believe this model of overpant is a new product for Icon.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Danny,
No they are not. You can't go wrong with ICON. I have the ARC pants and have worn them three years. They are windproof and waterproof and very comfortable. I spent $95 on mine on sale

Bike
2010 Silver NT ABS
Trust me, you will be glad they're long when that cold air starts blowing up your skirt. You'll actually be pushin' em down.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Trust me, you will be glad they're long when that cold air starts blowing up your skirt. You'll actually be pushin' em down.
Ain't that the truth. My FirstGear overpants have an internal elastic cuff that gives a good seal around the ankle area to prevent the cold air from traveling up the pant leg. Works pretty good.

Top Bottom