Owl be darned!

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Rob is still riding a big Trumpet. One of the good guys we don't hear from much here.
Rob and BobAgain joined me this past summer for a riding / camping trip in Northeast PA. Did a great loop up into the Finger Lakes, NY. Rob is still doing well and we had a great adventure with no Bird issues. Was great to see them both after several years. The subject of that bird hit still comes up cause that's when he lost his NT.

1124.jpg

IMG_6964.JPG

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Rob and BobAgain joined me this past summer for a riding / camping trip in Northeast PA. Did a great loop up into the Finger Lakes, NY. Rob is still doing well and we had a great adventure with no Bird issues. Was great to see them both after several years. The subject of that bird hit still comes up cause that's when he lost his NT.

1124.jpg

IMG_6964.JPG
Wow! A blast from the past. From the picture it looks like Bob is on a V-Strom now and Rob looks like he might be on the big Tiger 1200 he had at the NT gathering in Maryville TN. That was a WHILE ago. The trip is burned in my brain because that is when Wendell Phillips had his big crash with Warren and I not very far behind him. Were you there Duane? If so, why don't I remember that - uh - never mind.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Wow! A blast from the past. From the picture it looks like Bob is on a V-Strom now and Rob looks like he might be on the big Tiger 1200 he had at the NT gathering in Maryville TN. That was a WHILE ago. The trip is burned in my brain because that is when Wendell Phillips had his big crash with Warren and I not very far behind him. Were you there Duane? If so, why don't I remember that - uh - never mind.
Yes, Duane was with Wendell’s group. When I came across the crash site shortly after it happened I saw Duane and stopped to find out what happened. My heart sank when he told me Wendall had been in a bad crash. The rest of my ride home to Nashville it’s all I could think of. I was thrilled when I found out he made it through surgery and would survive. Other than that I had a great time on the 2014 NT gathering.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Yes, Duane was with Wendell’s group. When I came across the crash site shortly after it happened I saw Duane and stopped to find out what happened. My heart sank when he told me Wendall had been in a bad crash. The rest of my ride home to Nashville it’s all I could think of. I was thrilled when I found out he made it through surgery and would survive. Other than that I had a great time on the 2014 NT gathering.
When I went by the crash site all I saw was a motorcycle wreck. But I was mostly watching the road and traffic which was bumper to bumper. Then 15 minutes later I went by the site where they were loading a patient from the ambulance to the helicopter. I had no idea it was Wendell. I didn't even know you folks were in front of me. But like Warren said I thought about that bad wreck for the next two days on my way home.

Top Bottom