Parts are getting costly for NT

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Honda of Bournemouth still has the undercowl: http://www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk/collections/touring-bike-accessories/products/nt700v-deauville-undercowl-2006-2012-14565

This means that David Silver Spares here in the US can get them without spending as much for shipping. Honda of Bournemouth's price of 221 Pounds would likely be beat by David Silver Spares.

But if David Silver couldn't get them, you could always buy eight or ten from Honda of Bournemouth and resell them on EBay for $1800 a piece or even drop the price to only $1000 and get rich. :)

Last edited:
Bike
Black 2006 NT700V
I discovered recently that some eBay business sellers hike the prices to ridiculous amounts when they are out of stock and then reduce them to usual price when they get stock again - I suspect the sellers do this to save on listing fees.

Apparently the ridiculous prices are to discourage unsuspecting and poorer customers from buying non-existent stock ...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
BikeBandit won't have the undercowl or the big lids. They only carry parts that are available through US dealer/distribution channels. But they are a very good source for all the rest of the parts. They usually beat your dealer's prices.

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
Thanks Phil, great find via David Silver Spares! With supplies getting lower, anyone know if those are individual pieces or the kits that include everything needed to mount both the bigger lids and the undercowl?

Thanks again!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Thanks Phil, great find via David Silver Spares! With supplies getting lower, anyone know if those are individual pieces or the kits that include everything needed to mount both the bigger lids and the undercowl?

Thanks again!
Gabe, I got my undercowl from David Silver Spares and it was the full kit. As far as mounting the big lids, I did buy (for a few extra bucks), the hinges and latches so that I don't have to take them off the lids if I change between the big lids and the small ones.

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
Thanks much Phil! Looking forward to getting the large black lids someday soon. Found a few listed on some European websites, but they charge full (local) price and the exchange rate to the dollar is downright depressing, never mind the overseas shipping costs. Sadly David Silver Spares is sold out of the black lids, but I signed up for email notification should they be in stock again.

I couldn't financially overcharge another NT rider... it wouldn't be right and probably put me on a collision course with bad Carma.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Gabe, I bought one lid from DSilver. That's impossible if you're ordering them from the UK. When I ordered, they were out of stock and they told me that I'd have it February. Sure enough, I did. My understanding is that they restock by filling up a shipping container. That's how they save so much money on shipping.

Top Bottom