pirelli diablo

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've heard good things about them but have never seen Pirelli mc tires for sale except online. Are the Diablos the ones that have the image of the angel that goes away leaving only an image of a devil?

If so, I ought to try them.

stupidmonkey

From what I've heard the mileage isn't that great on them. Friend of mine had a neighbor get about 3K out of the front and 7K or so out of the back. He did have ZX-6R or comparable. I don't know if they would hold up better for our type of riding.

Kathy183

I have Pirelli Diablo Corsa III tires on my 2002 Yamaha R6 track bike. They did great on the track in both dry and wet conditions. Only got loose a handful of times and never went down. I also had Pirelli Scorpion Sync tires on my Buell CityX. Had 5000 miles on the Buell when I traded it in for the NT and the tires still had very good tread left on them. I will definitely consider the Pirelli brand when its time to put tires on my NT!

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Had them on the Ninja. They stick to the road like glue--superb traction wet and dry. Absolutely awesome in the wet. The bad news is that they have a short life. They are good for 4 to 5 thousand miles at best. You tend to ride quite agressivly with them, therefore their short life. It is in my opinion more a sport tyre than a sport touring tyre--just my opinion. If you have the $$$, they are worth the experience or extravegance.

1TRAK

The Pirelli Diablo Corsa is a great performance/track tire but doesn't last long. Michelin Pilot Powers work as well, last longer and generally cost less. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Tires have improved a lot in my lifetime. There are tires out there that are awesome for three heat cycles. Then they are toast. What I am looking for is something that sticks harder than I ride. Lasts at least a normal year for me and won't drop me on my but in rain or cold but will not explode on long runs in hot weather. Not too much to ask.

:)

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
OP
OP

loonytuna

I am in hot climate much of the time, so I have to imagine the "Diablo" would be a good choice ... after all, the Diablo lives in the hottest of climates!

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I think that I will get a pair of Pilot 3 tyres--sooner than I thought. The plan is to take a trip to NC in June--2600 miles round trip--not counting riding there for a few days. Well, the OEM tyres are not up to the task. With 4700 miles, the front tyre shows severe cupping--not to the point where it is making noise, but to the point where the ride is affected, I know we have bad roads in Maine, bur 4700 miles is what I would expect from a pure race tyre, not one that comes on a Sport Touring bike. I am not going to be charitable with my opinion of the Bridgestone 020. They are pure unadulterated garbage and do not belong on a bike capable of more than 35 MPH. My OEM Kawasaki Ninja tyres--Dunlop 501s lasted 12000 miles--and I rode that bike very hard. I'm wondering if a set of 501s would be good on the NT? They are a bias tyre.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Alex, I pulled the trigger on some Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart 2's. I'm having 'em installed Friday... I'll let you know my opinion... they have had rave reviews in a lot of the forums and mag's.

Mike

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
I've been thinking about the roadsmart tires myself. Do be sure to give us a review.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Mike,
I appreciate that. I have always had good service from Dunlop. I had them on my Triumph and Norton. My last bike was a 2007 Ninja EX250R with bias ply Dunlop 501s. I got 12000 miles out of them and they handled very well. I don't know if the 501s are available in our size. Will have to look it up.

elizilla

I am unfamiliar with the 501s, but I think the NT is enough heavier than the little Ninja, that it will wear the tires faster.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I would not have any reservations about using bias-ply tires on the NT, even though it came with radials. I rode with bias-ply Metzlers and Dunlops on my Conniesa and they lasted well and handled well.

I had a bias-ply rear on the NT before my last set of BT-023s it lasted about 12,000 miles but didn't handle anywhere nearly as well as the BT-023 or PR3s do.

Oh, someone asked how long my last set of BT-023s lasted. I got about 10,000 out of the rear but it was really toast when it came off for the current PR3s. The front probably had another 4,000 miles remaining, but I replaced it too. I'm keeping that one and it's possible that it might go back on if I need a front when I've still got an OK rear sometime.

I went thru two sets on my FJR and both ran between 14 and 15 thousand miles, that was touring not canyon carving or race day. jim

Top Bottom