Portishead, Sade, Jimmy H., Robert J. & Rocketman go for a ride (three actually)

rocketman

So a week ago on Thursday the site I am contracted to came into my office right about closing time and informed me that they were not extending my contract (even though they had committed to a term thru the end of the year!)!!! ***????

So this past week I had the chance (between job hunting) to go for some nice rides thru the farming/horse country of Northern VA during a period of some truly excellent weather, clear blue skies, moderate temps and no traffic along some of my favorite back roads, being as everyone else was at work! As it turns out this past friday they realized that they had "made a mistake" and signed the extension so Monday I go back to work, oh well good and bad I guess! Ha Ha!

So here is a compilation of pics from those rides, fall colors are just starting to make their appearance, even in low lands of Northern Va

HDR2.jpg

HDR3.jpg

HDR4.jpg

HDR5.jpg

just for heck of it I played a bit with the mapping of the HDR image on this image

HDR6-alien.jpg

HDR6.jpg

Sometimes I try to look at things from a differant viewpoint, sometimes it works, sometimes not.. you decide..

HDR9.jpg

old rusting machinery has always been something I enjoy photographing something about the story they tell of days gone by, just like old homes and barns

HDR10-crop.jpg

HDR10.jpg

HDR11-crop.jpg

Here again I played with the image a bit, in the first I lightened the darker areas, the second is before the additional editing
HDR11.jpg

HDR14-dark.jpg

HDR14.jpg

Who says an NT can't do a little dirt???
HDR16.jpg

HDR17.jpg

Nice to see the rivers and streams running clear again after all the rain we've have around here!

HDR18.jpg

HDR19.jpg

HDR20.jpg

HDR21.jpg

Note the bench on the right side of the creek, its in a yard of a nice old home right along the creek, damn I jealous (of the location of this home, that is, not the bench!)!

HDR22.jpg

HDR23.jpg

HDR24.2.jpg

Enjoy!

RM

WOW!!!! Tell them to stuff the job. You could make a living with your camera.

Love the pictures! Quite different scenery then barely into the foothills of the rocky mountains where I live. Thanks for posting them.

Awesome pictures! Thanks for posting. I love the first one of the old farm equipment in the field.

Back
Top Bottom