Pothole problem

Bike
'10 NT700V & '11 NT700V
The roads here in Colorado are terrible these days. I've ruined a wheel and a tire on a car, but have been lucky so far on the motorcycle. There have been a couple of times where I puckered up expecting to be dealing with a flat on the motorcycle, but nothing so far. Sorry to hear of your incident. Ouch.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Been there, done that, a year after I bought the NT new. Insurance covered it, it was in the $1500 range for 2 wheels, tires, and labor.

I also remember having back pain for a while after the hit.

Let's be careful out there!

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
This is on my Versys. Did not loose any air. Insurance payed for rim, tire, axle. Kept the same tire, axle and had the rim repaired at Woody's Wheels Works in Denver. https://woodyswheelworks.com/ 200 bucks. A year later the fork seal began to leak. Got them replace under my extended warranty program with Kawasaki. Colorado Roads suck big time. Worst in the country. IMHO

SAM_4938.JPGSAM_4941.JPG

I guess you haven't been to New York or New Jersey. Your picture shows what would be considered a minor pothole there, not even worthy of fixing.
Especially in my part of NJ. Gas company is in the midst of replacing all the gas lines to high pressure and everyone’s gas meter in the state. There’s holes, potholes, and patches in front of every house. Very annoying even driving in a car. And they said it’s a program that’s going to last 30 years!

Top Bottom