power for a GPS

O.K. so I get this NV700T i have a garmin GPS that I will want to mount, where can I get power for it? I know i can run it from the battery but is there a closer place to get power?

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Farkles you can get power lots of ways, but if you adding them a fuze box is a good idea.

I tapped into the front pilot lamp feed wire which is already fused and switched..but I think I read somewhere there is a plug behind the left side fairing.....I could be wrong

OP
OP
joeincalif
Thank you for the replies. Sorry I posted this in the wrong section and it had to be moved. Any pictures of the power lead wire or can you tell me what color it is? Is it hid in a pouch like Honda does on the Gold Wings.

OP
OP
joeincalif
Just saw another post about the connection, the Gold wings have one also so I guess it might the same thing.
Sub Harness (part number 08A30-MEW-100)

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I don't add many farkles but if you plan on more future additions needing power you may want to add a fuseblock to support them.
All I have added are LED driving lights but if you add more it might be easier in the future.

Brad

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got my GPS hooked to a non-fused circuit in a Fuzeblock.

Bike
Bloom Red 2010 NT700v
Welcome to the group. Which year and model do you have?

Here is a picture of the connector you're looking for under the lockable left compartment on a Red 2010. Green wire is ground, Red/Green is fused Battery, Yellow/Black is fused ignition switch controlled battery, and Pink/Green is speedometer signal.

connector.jpg

Top Bottom