Powerlet Connection to Tank Bag

tawilke46

Well, another day, another farkle installed. This one was fairly easy, if you deduct the burning my fingers on a hot soldering iron holder.:ambulance: Silly me.
Instructions say to use a soldering iron to cut the holes. This works well, but have to be very careful around that hot soldering iron, heh heh!
Installed Powerlet connection into my tank bag. Supposed to be water tight. We'll see. Waiting on my SAE connector from my powerlet on the clamp to the bag connection. Being custom made to 9" length. Here are some pics:

Now will be able to charge my cell phone or just leave it on the charger ready to answer on my Bluetooth. Also connect my heated vest, and connect my Ipod. Man, I am getting ready for some serious riding this year!

I'm thinking of ordering a 'Stich and joining the serious riders club!

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Good looking installation, Tim. And I'm glad to see that your realize you need a 'Stitch to be considered a SERIOUS rider. We don't need no light-hearted riders around here.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Looks great. I've done the same thing with a saddlebag and top box on the ST and also the top box on the Super Tenere... nice to have a convenient spot to charge a phone.

Top Bottom