Putting my farkles list together

pglc

I know that the CeeBee windshield is what I'm going with but I haven't come to grips with the tint. I'm going with Phil's recommendation of the +4. But with night riding does the dark gray present a problem? I've only ever ridden with clear windshields.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
If you are looking through the dark grey windshield it could be similar to riding with sunglasses. If you are looking over the windshield the tint it isn't much of an issue. I went with light grey so I wouldn't cut down the available light too much if I needed to look through the windshield for some reason...like at something up close on the road.

tawilke46

I have the CeeBailey +4, light tint on my NT. The tint is light enough to see through at night or low light conditions.
Mine is on the second position from the bottom most of the time. In that position I can look over the top of the w/s.

slider

I'm seriously debating the +2 or +4 but the light tint seems like the slam dunk way to go.

U20417

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I'm curious, what is the advantage of a tinted shield versus a clear shield?

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Joe,

I recommend the plus four< I am a short 68 inches with a short torso and I tried a plus two and it was not enough. I ordered the plus four an I love it. I went with the clear with out any tine and have no problem with it.

Eldon

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
As I've probably already said, my +4" is clear. I have it in the 2nd click down from the top (counting the top as one click). I can sit so that I look through it by slouching just a little bit. Or I can see over it by sitting up straight. I wouldn't want to look through a tinted screen, even a very light tint. The only advantage I can see to tint is that it looks cool.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I'm curious, what is the advantage of a tinted shield versus a clear shield?
Not much really...except for the way it looks on the NT. Since you can't always look through the shield to make use the tint it has minimal value while riding.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
IMHO the only reason to have a tint is for looks. If I have a choice my windshields are always clear.

U20417

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
IMHO the only reason to have a tint is for looks. If I have a choice my windshields are always clear.
I can see how some people might like a tint for the cool look. For me I am out for functionality and safety, so I will probably stick with clear.

I just thought there might be some fuctional reason that I could not think of.

slider

I thought the light tint might make driving at night a bit easier while still being able to see through it just fine.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I like the light tint because I am very sensitive to glare. The windshields on both of our cars have a very slight tint. I do very little night time riding--even then the tint does not present an issue since it is ever so slight.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I like the light tint because I am very sensitive to glare. The windshields on both of our cars have a very slight tint. I do very little night time riding--even then the tint does not present an issue since it is ever so slight.
I'm awaiting my 4" CB light tint and chose it for the glare reduction as well. I found the reflection from the top of the instrument panel to be quite harsh in bright sun and always seemed to be right in my eyes (mid way up the screen) no matter how much I moved around. Was almost to the point of painting the top of the panel flat black. Almost no night riding for me too.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Both our cars have a light tint and are UV filtered as well. But, I am looking through them all the time.

95% of the time I look over the windshield on the bike so the tint does nothing for glare. The few times I do look through it I don't want more tint since my helmet visor already does that for me. I also sometimes wear sunglasses and use the tinted visor of the helmet because of bright sunlight.

dlb

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I went with the clear cb+2 ...... goes up and down like a yo-yo depending upon how heavy the wind is blowing...wear transition prescription glasses so didn't need any tinting

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Soundtech Guy says you cannot see thru the dark one at night at all

See his youtube video abbout the windshield, He has the dark one but is very tall and is always looking over his

Top Bottom