Question about foam rubber strip inside Middle Cowl

skiper

This 7 inch long x 1/2 inch strip of foam rubber dropped out of my right side middle cowl when I had it off today. The shop manual shows something over a foot long in there. I'm guessing it came from the empty space between the cowl pocket and outer panel. I've got to glue it back in but not sure what it does and * where to place it . Does anyone know ? Is it to add stiffness or stop airflow ? Manual picture page 3-13 bottom pic -- I've got two thirds that line, so should it be glued on which part of that line ?

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Mine were lost a long time ago with no noticeable detriment. But then again I have a couple of screws left over from various bike jobs and they probably are important.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Had same problem with mine when adding a farkle after 4 days of ownership. Took out left and right fairing pockets, both where starting to come off. Its about 7" -8", not the 12". A very flimsy way to glue on,looked like thin, not very sticky,double sided tape. Mine was only part way off, so I glued it better. For me, it was attached on the pocket outside, I did see a line there, but don't remember if its above or below, but somewhere around there. Seems to me it keeps both rain and air/dust out. Goes around the side, then curves to front area.

OP
OP

skiper

THANKS GUYS , I'll figure out what to do a little easier

Top Bottom