RAM Ball Mount

RebelRanch

I am not selling this mount but I have found this RAM Ball Mount will work on our NT700V and the price is only $9.95 so I thought I'd tell you guys about this. If you visit the web site they have a series of pictures that shows how you can mount this ball in a few minutes and it is very clean and effective. I have mounted this ball to the bar clamps and it is as clean and easy as can be.

I have two different GPS like devices that I use this mount for (not yet on my NT700V) and I can change it from my bicycle to my Vstrom to our NT700V in minutes. Pretty nice install. Check out the link.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Nice find, I like that one... I am going to move this thread in to the farkle section to make it easier to find....

OP
OP

RebelRanch

I bought this piece for my bicycle but it wouldn't fit and sat in my parts box for a few months until "Peanut" came home and it struck me on day that this would be a good use for an item sitting idle.

Id4rob

I purchased and installed a MC Larry 1" riser on my NT and opted for the model with multiple RAM ball locations plus a BMW-style charger port. So, I purchased a RAM Cradle Holder - Universal X-Grip? Cell Phone Holder with 1" Ball:

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045072079076045085078055066085/Default.aspx

It works great! I use it to mount my iPhone 4S with the timeout off and use the Google map app as a GPS. Although I now mount my phone 90 degrees (landscape, not portrait) from the orientation depicted on the website, when I previously mounted it as shown, experience gave me complete faith in its ability to hold my phone securely. I drive a 65 mile one-way daily commute, weather permitting, and it includes interstate, state highway and city driving as well as some railroad crossings at various speeds and the X-Grip has always held my phone securely.

Top Bottom