Re-Done Darian

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I just picked up my Darian jacket and pants from Aerostich. I had them go over it and fix it up after 10 years of service. It was laundered, waterproofed, re-seam taped, and some stiching repaired for a cost of about $75. They did a great job and I believe the cost was very reasonable. I wish I was as durable as that suit. I hope I'm still able to ride after another 10 years. Great service from Aerostich.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm glad to read your report, Jim. Aerostitch has had my Roadcrafter one-piece for a couple of weeks now. The right leg zipper slider broke and, even though I had the proper slider, I couldn't get it started on the zipper. I talked to the repair guy (Matt?) a few days after he got the suit and it had taken him almost a half-hour to get that zipper repaired. My suit also had a torn pad pocket in the left knee and that needs to be fixed and the suit needs to be washed, waterproofed, and checked over. They told me it might be six weeks.

I miss my 'Stitch even though I might be wearing the Roadgear stuff as cold as it's been.

OP
OP
junglejim

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Gee Phil, you're hard on stuff. Sounds like you had more repairs than I did. It took them about 10 days to 2 weeks to do mine. They have always given me good service, but sometimes the showroom is busy and they don't have enough sales people to cover. I have the advantage of being only 45 miles away so I can stop often and take advantage of the "walk-in" discount. But that isn't much of an advantage to my wallet. I have some friends who work there. I said "Hi" to Mr. Andy Goldfine himself last night. He is a real interesting guy, especially at night over some wine and cheese. They are already getting ready for the "Very Boring Rally 3" next year.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I wish the VBR was going to fit into the schedule for the Epic Ride better than it does.

OP
OP
junglejim

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I wish the VBR was going to fit into the schedule for the Epic Ride better than it does.
You'll be retired Phil, you can make any adjustments you want to. Theoretically that is. Reality and responsibility are still factors.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Jim, Well, theoretically we can, but since the Epic Ride takes us to Alaska at the beginning and Labrador toward the end, and includes a Four Corners Tour, Duluth is kind of out of place for the timing with weather to work. But, who knows....

OP
OP
junglejim

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
But, who knows....
There ya go - keep an open mind. I can't even remember a ride longer than a day ride that turned out the way I planned it. When you see something fun go for it. You may not be back that way for a while. And when something turns bad (roads, weather, mechanical, whatever) improvise. That's what makes this sport so good. I love it! Admitedly it is easier for me because I usually travel alone. Easier to get group consensus that way.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I don't think Rick and I will have any trouble developing group consensus. Others may join us along the route from time to time, but if they do, they'll be adjusting to us, not vice-versa.

Top Bottom