Real Men ride Motor-BIKES!

rocketman

Got my new toy home late last week......

Introducing Baby, my 1975 CB125 S1....

Got the points cleaned and dialed in timing, replaced the plug, cleaned and set the Carb and she is now running really sweet and purrs like a kitten at idle. Solved the backfiring at idle after I got the carb dialed in and she pulls really strong ( well for something with 12 horses ) runs 45-50 with ease and is amazingly stable at speed. Sweet! More fun than a barrel of monkeys and an absolute hoot to ride! Even better, there is nothing more fun than beating 80% of the traffic off the line at lights and running her flat out ( the way they were meant to run) looking back in my mirrors and seeing the rest of the traffic Behind Me!
Ha Ha!

City/coffee run mode

Country Day Ride/shopping mode (when you need to carry a few items)

African Safari mode (when you're taking everything but the kitchen sink!) Ha Ha!

RM

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Jim Rau and I met a guy in Lovell, WY, on our way to Alaska who was riding a TU-250 to Alaska. Thankfully we never saw him again after we left Lovell. He was a disaster as far as conversation went and wanted to latch on to us in the worst way. Actually, he did latch on to us and it was in the worst way.

If he hadn't had some loose screws we would liked to have talked to him. He had turned the little TU-250 into a true minimalist touring bike.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Looks like writing could be the next career if you tire of the ministry, Phil. best laugh I've had in a while..
Bob, it's a LOT funnier in retrospect than it was that Sunday evening. It made losing my crown the next morning at breakfast look like a good start to a new day.

Bike
2010 RED NT700V
LOL

RM, the racks for the luggage look stronger than the bike frame! :)
I had those Wingracks and E21 sidecases on my Vulcan 750. They are really sweet. I loved the fact that they are top-opening instead of side-opening. Stuff doesn't fall out when you open them. Even with the Bestem liners, the NT panniers are a pain.

(BTW, in that last picture, it looks like the sidecase is on the wrong side. I don't think it really matters, but there IS a difference.)

Top Bottom