Rear brake caliper bracket very near the disc

Lorien

I have noted lately that rear brake caliper bracket seems very close to the rear disc. It is one of those things that just suddenly jumps out at you without your ever having seemed to notice it. I guess it may be normal but I thought I would ask the forum if the caliper mount bracket should be within what I guess to be about 3mm of the disc. Thanks

That doesn't look good! I think I'd be getting it checked, too. Let us know what they say....

I cannot see the attachment, maybe another problem like in the other topic when attachments could not be seen.

Seagarss

I cannot see the attachment either.
I thought that I made a post on this subject but maybe it did not work.
Loosen the axle nut and then the pinch bolt on the spacer/sleeve in the RH swing arm.
Watch carefully as you loosen the pinch bolt to see if the sleeve and caliper move.
The sleeve should move relatively freely in the swingarm hole.
The position of the sleeve determines the position of the caliper's rear mount and therefore the angle of the caliper in relation to the disc/wheel.
The correct procedure is to tighten the axle nut first with the pinch bolt loose, pump the rear brake a couple of times and then tighten the pinch bolt.
That should allow everything to line up naturally.

Macka

Are you guys who can't see the pictures using cell phones or tablets? They're very clear to me.

I'm on a desk computer and have had trouble seeing a couple of pictures lately.
"invalid attachment"

Brad

edit: I can see RedLdr1's repost fine

Last edited:
I can also see RedLdr's attachment OK but I get invalid attachment when clicking on the original posters picture.

I had the same problem with the picture in the post last week.

Seagrass

Took a couple of pictures of my rear brake. Not an expert, but it looks like you could use rear brake pads and better look at connections as Macka suggested.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Brake Rear.jpg
    Brake Rear.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Clearance Disc.jpg
    Clearance Disc.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 92
If you got air in your ABS unit when changing the pads it often takes a computer hook up with a special program to properly bleed it. Another possibility is that the ABS sensor was damaged if it hit the sensor ring before the new pads went in.

Either way it probably means a trip to the dealer.:frown:

Yes. Maybe the wiring to the wheel sensor is damaged or not connected properly.

Seagarss

Back
Top Bottom