Recent MC Cruise Control Installation...

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I recently installed the MC Cruise Control system on my 2010 NT700V and thought I should share my findings...

I placed the order with MC Cruise and the order shipped from Australia and was received within a week. A favorable exchange rate made the cost of this system more tolerable. I'm not complaining about the price as the system is very well made and engineered.

However... there have been some upgrades and engineering changes to several of the components of the system including; Throttle Servo, Computer and Control Switch.

The computer and control switch do not present a problem, however, the new compact electronic throttle servo installation presented some challenges. The instructions are detailed and contain images from their fitting and installation on a NT700V. The throttle servo is shown being installed on top of the engine crash bar on the left side of the engine.

Here are some pictures for reference... https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0163/1038/files/mcs6500_brochure.pdf?8207919255071719636

The throttle servo would not fit in the designated location on my bike due to the presence of what I believe to be a fuel system evap canister that is mounted there. Interestingly, the Australian bike they used to engineer the kit does not contain this component.

MC Cruise was very responsive, replying immediately to my email and even calling me to discuss the problem. They offered me access to their catalogue of brackets and mounts and provided instruction on how to lengthen the cable on the throttle servo. Our assumption is that Australia NT700's do not have the same emissions equipment found on USA models.

I was able to install the servo on the underside of the left crash bar using homemade bracketry. I also had to angle the unit to relieve stress on the cable as it makes a u-turn towards the top of the engine to the cable interface unit.

Due to the extra engineering involved, it took me three days, off and on, to complete the installation. I realize that given the age of the bike, not many people are installing cruise control on their NT and those who want it probably already have it by now. But if you are considering the MC Cruise system, which is an excellent system, just be advised of this fitment issue with their new throttle servo.

Other than that, everything went as planned and I am the very happy owner of a NT with cruise control. This is really going to help with my arthritis on those long trips!

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom