Recomendation/Review for Motorcycle JAcket

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I have not found that "All Season" jacket that works for my environment yet. Many have claimed that they are. I have 3 different jackets for different seasons, Cold, Cool, and Hot...

The Tourmasters Transitions Series 4 or after are pretty good for the cool temps, not as much for the hotter temperatures. Their Transitions 3 as a terrible jacket.

I have a mesh jacket for the hotter temperatures above 90°. I bought a Fieldsheer Mesh Jacket at the IMS in November. I am looking forward to trying it out in early May or so.

OP
OP
Sunny

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
Today' weather in NJ/NY looked nice, so thought of testing out my jacket and windscreen extension lip. Home to Ross Dock Picnic area -> Henry Hudson Park way -> Palisades Parkway -> Bear Mountain (road to top was closed) -> old 9W to Hannaford -> cross over to Poughkeepsie using mid-Hudson bridge -> 9 and 9D south -> cross over using Purple Heart Memorial Bridge -> back on Palisades Highway -> 7 Lakes Drive to Sloatsburg -> back home. 177 miles. Almost ran out of fuel on the Palisades when going North in the morning and reached a fuel pump just as bike almost sputtered to a stop. Realized that last 1/4 empties really fast :)

Jacket kept me warm & comfortable. I thought it the weight and stiffness will make it cumbersome, but after wearing it, I did not notice it much. So it’s a keeper (as it don't have a choice as Cycle Gear will not take back any thing that is used :)

Several adjustments later the new windscreen slip worked nicely, wind noise was cut by ~80 %. Need to tweak it a little. Will post details in right section.

In all Nice day.

Attachments

Top Bottom