Reflective Tape

Bike
Silver NT700V
A very interesting effect and very sharp on the black bike. I second Larry Buck's Tail Brights. Like your tape, they are black in day light and light up white when hit with a light. They come pre-cut to fit the flat black portions of the back of the bike

jackgermain

I live in Tacoma, WA and fully understand the concern about weather and darkness. I run the Larry Buck's Tail Brights.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I see both MCL and Larry Buck are still using my old NT for their web photos...:D Larry Buck's Tail Brights were one of my first farkles along with the Hyperlites also shown in the photos.

For even more visibility I bought a 100' roll of sew on 3M SOLAS Reflexite FD1403 1" wide reflective tape and added it to all my riding jackets on the backs, collars, outer sleeves, cuffs, and front zipper areas. Adding a few reflective decals on my white RF-1100 covered me fairly well. I prefer to be seen and not need to rely on any batteries for the added visibility...

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I am another that likes to add reflective tape. I get the stuff that is red or white 1-2" wide. Couple of red strips on the rear. Couple of red on sides toward back, couple of white in side toward front.

Also put some graphics on the helmet with white tape.

I've got the two inch wide red reflective tape on my side cases where I've dropped it a few times and it covers the scuffs and is quite bright at night.

Terry

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Also put some graphics on the helmet with white tape.
+1 to that. I added some silver 3m Scotchlite to my silver helmet. Since your helmet is the highest point it may be the only part of a motorcycle/rider that isn't hidden by a hill, another vehicle, or any other obstruction. Extremely cheap for a some scrap pieces on ebay.

Also added 3m some black Scothlite pieces the rear end and side plastic. Again, very inexpensive for scrap pieces on ebay...like <$5.

kenstone

A long time riding friend owns a sign shop, and has given me sheets/remnants of 3M reflective tape.
This stuff comes in track paper rolls of many different colors for a cnc cutter to make letters for truck lettering, etc.
I'm 3k miles from him now, and had to buy some from a local sign shop near me, and it was still way cheaper than buying it any other way.
That local sign shop has a $20 minimum so I got 1 ft lengths of several colors for $20, with the black being my favorite.

You can cut it to any shape up to the width of the sheet and as long as to choose to buy, and make custom inserts.
My favorite is to cut different size circles using a leather punch set, and sticking them everywhere as they are near invisible when you match the color...and applied to rims create motion when reflecting!
It's thin and flexable enough to use as a "wrap" with the heat of a hairdryer too.

just sayin'
kenstone

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
And if you're lazy, like me, you can go here and have whatever custom graphics done for you at a really good price. Reflective or non-reflective.

http://callie-graphics.com/

I had her do big "eyes" for the backs of my helmets. I think she also did the ST700 stickers for someone in here. FYI, my helmet graphics cost something like $15 or $20 for two sets, and that included her graphics design time.

And, yes, you can get really creative when using the vinyl. On model airplanes I use it a lot. Pinstriping is easy with it. You can also 'pull' on it when applying to cover gentle compound curves.

Top Bottom