Removing the seat.

Bike
2011 Black NT700
I attempted to remove the seat on my bike and need some help. Where is the lever they refer to? Is it next to the latch?
Am I not lifting hard enough?
Thanks,Clint

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
If you open the left saddle bag you can see the lever. You have to pull the seat up and back.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The seat latch, as Warren says, is next to the front pannier latch on the left side. I would suggest that you have to move the seat back before you lift it. (I'm just picky, Warren! :rolleyes: )

jackgermain

I could be wrong but if you place the bike facing North then pull the seat gently to the South and then immediately to the East you will be able to remove the seat. I know == I'm a big help -- No need to thank me. :cool:

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I could be wrong but if you place the bike facing North then pull the seat gently to the South and then immediately to the East you will be able to remove the seat. I know == I'm a big help -- No need to thank me. :cool:
Thank You! Have you figured out how to reinstall it the wrong way yet? :)

jackgermain

Thank You! Have you figured out how to reinstall it the wrong way yet? :)
When it comes to putting things on, such as the seat, I am a PRO at getting it all wrong, twisted, bent and screwed up the wrong way. I am the guy that once the water reaches the knees -- call the plumber.

Bike
Silver NT700V
As noted above, you pull the seat back and lift up to remove it.

To reinstall, make sure the front "lug" engages the receptacle (not sure of terminology). Also, the sides of the seat must be INSIDE the bike side covers or you will get a lot HEAT on your legs. The seat rubber at the back of the tank WILL be dislodged, be sure to reseat it correctly. Did I mention HEAT?

Top Bottom