Replace instrument lights w/LED?

twowheels2005

Maybe it's just me, but in sunlight, the various indicator lights - directional, high-beam, neutral - seem pretty dim. I've cured this problem in the past on scooters by replacing the bulbs with surface-mount LEDs. Much brighter and easy to see in the daytime.

Has anyone done this on the NT? Easy to get at the lights? It appears that you'd have to at least get behind the instrument panel - not too bad to do?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'll bet it would work great...why don't you do the beta testing. :)

For what it is worht I tried this in a small way on my ST in an attempt to get the turn indicators to show better and it was a miserable failure.

Lorien

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I think that I will try to figure out a way to have a buzzer go off when the directionals are engaged--or some electronic gizmo that cancels them in ten seconds. I have a difficult time seeing them.

MAC

Rick, I looked at the link you put up and see the Army is testing this stuff, but all of it is inside a truck. I didn't see if it can be used in bad weather, rain etc. If using on our dash, sooner or later it will get wet. Being held by static electricity the water may get behind it and float it away. I think Phil is right, maybe you could test this for us. ; -)

Top Bottom