Request for Part Number

Bike
2010 Red NT700V #1001
I had another pannier latch failure. I re-glued broken post pieces and filled remaining "cup" area around latch with epoxy to strengthen. Problem is, one of the silver, Philips head screws that hold latch to lid was missing. After 2 attempts to order new screws from Honda dealer, I'm still left with the wrong screws. Anyone out there know the correct part number for the screw? Probably the latch part # as well. This would be for the original equipment. standard size. right pannier lid. Thanks for the help. Red.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Don't know the part number, but I have my old ones available. I replaced the internal latches with external latches. My entire latch system, screws and all, is available to anyone who wants to pay for the shipping. PM me if interested.

Like a lot of others I found that my pannier lids were cracking so I applied epoxy reinforcement and they held OK. Then I noticed the inside portion, where the mechanism mounts, was crecking too. So I repleced them with external latches.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I'd go with the free offer above. But for future reference, this shows the pannier part numbers.

Here are the part numbers for the latch and the latch screws.

STRIKER, SADDLEBAG 81316-MEW-D20
SCREW, TAP (5X12) 93901-25210

Or, if you have good hardware store nearby, look for a 5mm by 12mm length screw that match your screw.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
OK there a few sizes (I just measured mine), but they should all be avaliable at a hardware store.
Most are a 5mm X 12mm sheet metal screw. You'll most likely have to shorten a 15mm down to 12mm.
OR a #10 X 1/2" is the same thing already shortened.
The other sizes should be available at your hardware store too.
Some are a pan-head, but that doesn't matter that much.

Top Bottom