Respro Foggy works really well to prevent face shield fogging

elizilla

I wanted to report that I've now tested my Respro Foggy on several cold rides, and it works great. I can't fog my face shield no matter what, even when I am coughing and sneezing while sitting at a traffic light with my face shield completely closed.

It velcros to my helmet lining, and there's a molded plastic thing that sits on my nose. It doesn't actually fit the shape of my nose very closely, so it doesn't quite seal, but it still works fine. It also keeps my face warmer - my nose and eyes are protected from the cold air.

I did have to remove the chin curtain from my helmet to get enough air to breath.

It would probably take some fiddling to pair it with glasses, both to keep them from fogging and to keep it from competing for the spot on the nose where they sit. But I don't need glasses to drive, so I haven't had to worry about that.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
If only they'd work on helmets with flip-up chin bars..... :-(

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
I just got a new pinlock shield for my full face shield. Its been too mild to really test its effectiveness. If it doesn't work to my satisfaction I'm headed your direction. Thanks for the recommendation.

OP
OP

elizilla

If only they'd work on helmets with flip-up chin bars..... :-(
I wonder if they could be made to work, with perhaps slightly more difficult installation? In my helmet I just stuck it in there; it has velcro that sticks to the cheek pads. I put the helmet on and off three or four times and moved it a bit each time, until I was satisfied. With the flip-up, maybe you'd have to cut it smaller so it can attach entirely on the chin bar and not on the main part of the helmet. And put some sticky back velcro on the inside of the chin bar to hold it? I don't know - I haven't spent any quality time with a flip helmet. But it seem like it should be possible to make a version for that.

Top Bottom