RevZilla and "no return policy" (KLIM vented pants)

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Two years ago I rode from California to Virginia along a fairly southerly route and was so hot in my Kevlar jeans that I resorted to wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I didn't feel comfortable without protection, but man I was burning up. So for this year's trip, I ordered the KLIM Baja S4 vented mesh pants. Based on all the reviews I read, they appeared to be the solution for hot weather riding. Well, the reviews were wrong. These pants were HOT. The vented mesh areas are minimal and not in areas that get a lot of wind, so I didn't like them at all.

When I got back, I called RevZilla to start a return and they said "you wore them, you can't return them". I said that I was dissatisfied with the product and wanted a refund. They said "too bad, you can't return them". At $450, they weren't inexpensive, so I am pretty upset.

What gear sites do you use that have a satisfaction guaranteed policy?

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
It's resonable to not take back gear that's been worn and especially sweated in. I use Revzilla primarily and it's nice when you get something and you test the fitment... however, if you do wear it then it's used gear and shouldn't meet most return policies. You're stuck at that point to sell it online.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I agree with Mellow about return policies that don't allow returns on items that have been worn on a trip. I wouldn't want your stinky old used Klims :cool: . I also wouldn't wear mesh gear in hot temps. All you're doing then is letting in air that's hotter than your 94F skin temperature, so instead of cooling yourself, you're heating yourself up. Most comfortable thing I've found is LD Comfort long underwear up top and LD Comfort shorts on my bottom half. That's under my 'Stitch R3 with all the vents closed except the wrists. Pour water up my sleeves and on my chest, and regulate the temp by mostly closing the main zipper. The air coming in my cuffs circulates inside the 'Stitch and evaporates the water. I've felt cool at 113F when dressed like that and drinking a liter or so of water an hour.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Well... as for mesh... my favorite pants are my Olypia air glide pants. But there's some Dakar pants out now that have cargo pockets... which I miss from the Ranger pants they stopped making. I see no problem with mesh pants on a bike like the NT w/fairing and windscreen... in fact, mesh jackets are fine too.. I used those on my ST1300/GL1800 bikes in the past with good success...

For me mesh is fine for pants as I've never found any vented pants that did any good at all. I don't see much venting in those Klim pants.

There's probably someone and advrider that will scoop up the pants...

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
I distinctly recall pouring a half liter of water down the collar of my Olympia suit in stop and go traffic in Moab. 108 degrees F ambient.
Has Anyone EVER been ‘comfortable’ riding in those circumstances? (Besides in a car with the A/C on max!)

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I distinctly recall pouring a half liter of water down the collar of my Olympia suit in stop and go traffic in Moab. 108 degrees F ambient.
Has Anyone EVER been ‘comfortable’ riding in those circumstances? (Besides in a car with the A/C on max!)
Well, the key isn't really pouring water ON you as much as it is IN you... ;)

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I know the original thread was regarding Return Policies, but..........now that "Meshware" has been brought up........has anyone been in a "slide" or bad get-off wearing mesh and survived OK?? Not knocking it....just asking for testimonies. I aggree whole-heartingly: Mesh feels great in hooter....er, uh.......hotter climates!!

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I had a friend that did in an old Joe rocket mesh jacket and it barely did anything. If you're on a track, sliding is a major factor but in the real world I think impact is more of a factor. I typically upgrade my armor to the molecular stuff.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Most online retailers will allow you to try on gear to check the fit at the convenience of your own home or office. Wearing them on as little as a ride around the block could technically void the return policy. However, if they look exactly as they did with all the tags in place, I do not think they will know the difference. Doing on a Cross-Country Trip and trying to return them afterward is kind of out past left field. If you know what I mean???

Bike
2010 silver NT700
On really hot days I use a Kewl vest under my Olympia mesh jacket. It holds a lot of water and cools for a long time. It really keeps me comfortable in 100F+ temperatures. The inner surface is waterproof so anything you wear under it does not get wet.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Just chalk it up to experience and move on in life.

I've tried vented mesh pants but they never worked for me. The pair I had (Joe Rocket) had a thin inner liner that clung to my skin on hot days and cancelled much of the cooling effect of the open mesh. In my area we often have thunderstorms developing on hot afternoons so that meant I had to be ready with rain pants which are a real pain to put on at roadside!

What has worked for me for 8+ years, in all weather, are a pair of Aerostich Darians, with custom length for my short legs. They are one size larger than my normal street pants so I get excellent airflow up the pant legs in hot weather with cuffs loosened, while being roomy enough to feel comfy with long johns and closed cuffs in frigid weather. I wear suspenders to hold them up while walking but that's not an inconvenience. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
harryhendo
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Thanks for all the advice, both motherly and constructive. ;)

But no one really answered the question which is "do you know of any motorcycle gear seller that has a satisfaction guaranteed policy?". I.e. 100% satisfied or your money back regardless of whether you wore it or not. For example, the local athletic shoe store will take back shoes you've run in. They encourage exchanging for a different pair, but they want you to come back for the next pair, and the next....

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
Thanks for all the advice, both motherly and constructive. ;)

But no one really answered the question which is "do you know of any motorcycle gear seller that has a satisfaction guaranteed policy?". I.e. 100% satisfied or your money back regardless of whether you wore it or not. For example, the local athletic shoe store will take back shoes you've run in. They encourage exchanging for a different pair, but they want you to come back for the next pair, and the next....
Amazon :)

Or try your credit card, they also aoffer to take back stuff that shop wont, for up to 90 ays after the purchse...

Top Bottom