Riding Undergarments

tawilke46

I have a pair of LD shorts and 2 pair of their socks on order. Should get them within a week.
Looking forward to the comfort they will provide!

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Since my cheap, everyday stuff is comfortable on an all day ride, or even 5 days worth of riding, I would not see any reason to spring for more expensive stuff.

The important thing is to have a stretch fit (no wrinkles) and no seams under your butt or legs.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
i'm a fan of the ldcomfort shorts as well. not just for the wicking, but they are seamless, and the bottom of the leg openings have a bit of rubber material so they "grab" just above the knee. this prevents them from riding up your thigh and creating creases up higher which can, you know, pinch stuff and get uncomfortable. i would guess compression shorts, by nature, act similarly because of the tight fit, nothing "rides up." but yes the ld's are expensive. if moisture if the primary concern, i would imagine anything wicking would do the trick just fine.

elizilla

See, now I haven't ever tried on any LDComfort shorts, but I normally hate those rubber bands at the bottom of bicycle shorts. It feels like a tourniquet; it's always too tight. It hits in a soft part of my thigh and hurts me. I'd rather have to work a little harder to tuck the unelasticized hems of the Wickers boxers in.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Friday it's going to get real close to the 90s here and I going to try some First Gear wicking stuff I bought from Motorcyclegear.com. It was 50% off because was introducing some differently styled new stuff, so MotorcycleGear got a bargain on the old stuff.

They used to be called NewEnough.com, and if you're not familiar with them, they're good people to deal with and have lots of closeout stuff they've picked up from the manufacturers. They have excellent customer service.

U20417

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Friday it's going to get real close to the 90s here and I going to try some First Gear wicking stuff I bought from Motorcyclegear.com. It was 50% off because was introducing some differently styled new stuff, so MotorcycleGear got a bargain on the old stuff.

They used to be called NewEnough.com, and if you're not familiar with them, they're good people to deal with and have lots of closeout stuff they've picked up from the manufacturers. They have excellent customer service.
Phil, how did you like the First Gear wicking stuff?

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[Bycycle Shorts. Available at Dick's Sporting Goods for about $20..."]

+1 on that. I've been wearing cycling shorts for 6 years now and find it makes a big difference; especially on long days.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I have three long riding days in on the new socks from LD Comfort they are real good to me. I wish they were right and left foot orientated , but they work and that is the min thing I am interested in. I reckon a am a nut case, but I don't mind spending money for clothing , ger ,or equiptment a s long as it works and lasts well. Nothing makes me madder , or sadder than to spend money on something that doesn't fit, or work, or wear as it is supposed to.

Eldon

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
U20417 asked "Phil, how did you like the First Gear wicking stuff?"

No where as much as I like the LD Comfort stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom