Rox anti vibration handlebar mounts

Bike
2010 silver NT700
I will be installing some ROX risers. I notice they make a pair with anti vibration mounts. Has anyone tried these? Are they worth the extra money?
Thanks.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Yes and Yes. They take away the shock from the small bumps and road imperfections.

Although Rox calls these "2" risers," in measuring I found the true rise to be 2-3/8".

Bike
WR250R/KTM 890/KTM690
There is an article in the August 2019 Motorcycle Consumer News magazine "Good Vibrations" that reviews vibration isolators.
xtrig.com offers PHDS bar clamps that look like they will work on the NT700

OP
OP
Bike
2010 silver NT700
There is an article in the August 2019 Motorcycle Consumer News magazine "Good Vibrations" that reviews vibration isolators.
xtrig.com offers PHDS bar clamps that look like they will work on the NT700
Thanks. I went through my pile of MCN mags and had every issue except August. Murphy's law. :)

OP
OP
Bike
2010 silver NT700
Yes and Yes. They take away the shock from the small bumps and road imperfections.

Although Rox calls these "2" risers," in measuring I found the true rise to be 2-3/8".
When I did a search on risers, I noticed you had bought the anti vibe riser kit. Was that for your NC700? They do not list an NT700 kit on the ROX site.
I put on a set of those $25 1" risers mentioned in this group. They worked as described, but I need the bars an inch closer to me. The problem I have, is that any forward lean seems to bother my lower back. I guess having no wind pushing me back is the problem.
The 1" riser worked fine with my stock cables. I bought a 700 Transalp clutch cable, and will make up a longer braided brake line to use with the 2" riser. Everything else should be OK. Do you think that extra 3/8" height on the anti vibe model will create an issue with cables?
Thanlks.

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
has anyone tried these offset risers on the NT? I have them on my GS and as compared to my NT, I have no weight on my arms...

1573416080002.png

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
HondaFan - I have the Rox Risers/w dampers on my NT700V. I talked to a tech at Rox about the clearance required then checked my NT and it was OK so I ordered a set. I also put a set on Deb's NT700V. And yes, I bought a set for my NC700X but haven't had the time to install them as yet.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)

Did you have to replace brake lines and clutch cable?

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Yes and also the throttle cables. Deb's bike still has the standard front brake hose and is OK.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I used Motion Pro for the cables and they do an excellent job, plus they offer two different exterior looks. I chose the one that is black and its appearance is identical to the standard Honda cables. They have all the standard cables in stock to use as an example so all you have to do is give them the year/model and ask for "X inches longer than standard." At the time they were approx $40 each.

Some other places may require you send them the standard cable so they'll know what type of ends to fit.

ps. I had a Trans-Alp clutch cable previously but felt it was a bit too short to work with this increased rise.

Last edited:
Does the non-ABS model have a standard banjo fitting on the lower end of the upper brake line from the MC? My 2011 ABS model has a junction block and it's a kludge to extend it.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
The non ABS model has a junction block on the lower triple clamp. It looks to be fairly standard banjo, probably the same as the ABS model (the junction block may be the same, not the brake line feeding it).

Brad

OP
OP
Bike
2010 silver NT700
I used Motion Pro for the cables and they do an excellent job, plus they offer two different exterior looks. I chose the one that is black and its appearance is identical to the standard Honda cables. They have all the standard cables in stock to use as an example so all you have to do is give them the year/model and ask for "X inches longer than standard." At the time they were approx $40 each.

Some other places may require you send them the standard cable so they'll know what type of ends to fit.

ps. I had a Trans-Alp clutch cable previously but felt it was a bit too short to work with this increased rise.
Thanks for the helpful info.

Not the same. The ABS has the junction block crimped on the end of the top hose, and a couple of hardlines screw into it. There's no simple replacement. You'd need a junction that would accept a banjo bolt and branch to the inverted-flare female fittings in the right places. Which is why I stayed with 2" Roxx risers and the stock bars.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
For what it is worth. The discontinued Helibar kit had longer throttle and clutch cables. They included a brake line extension that went from the master cylinder to the original line. The extension bolt had a bleeder which simplified assembly. Helibar might be able to give you the source (specs) of the extension.
Helibar extension.JPG

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I bought their Heli-Bars brake line extension many years ago and never used it. At the time it was around $25.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 silver NT700

I inquired at Motion Pro, and they said they have no information on the NT700. I would have to send in my old throttle cables. Cost would be well over $500 CDN including shipping and tax. Does anyone know of another company that makes cables?
Thanks.

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
For what it is worth. The discontinued Helibar kit had longer throttle and clutch cables. They included a brake line extension that went from the master cylinder to the original line. The extension bolt had a bleeder which simplified assembly. Helibar might be able to give you the source (specs) of the extension.
Helibar extension.JPG

Hi Frosty, can you give a more clear picture of the brake hose extension ? Specially near the lower joint.

I found this on aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001000394138.html) and am thinking that this may be helpful for many who want to use risers but brake hose is causing trouble.

1628090614749.png

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Frostie can't give a picture of the brake hose extension that came with the HeliBars. But since I now own his old bike, I can. I'll try to do it today.

Top Bottom