RTE report

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Intrigued by Wanda P's recommendation, I did an RTE thru my new favorite riding grounds, the East Texas Piney Woods/ Lakes region to Whitehouse, TX to try Mamaw's fried pies.
OMG!!!!!
Is that a good enough review?

Mamaw's serves only fried pies and regular pies and has a cooler with water and soft drinks. You can get breakfast fried pies of several kinds. Almost any kind of fruit pie too.
But the meat pies are unreal
They have Crawfish pie, Philly Cheese Steak Pie and the one I tried today...Natchitoches meat pie! (pronounced nackotish)
It has ground beef, ground pork, onions, bell pepper and celery and is seasoned to perfection...larrapin' good!

If you live within 150 miles, it's worth the ride.
If you get within 50 miles on a trip thru the region, its worth it.

I also need to comment on the condition of the region: Dallas lakes are alarmingly low and drying up at an unbelievable rate
Today in the Piney Woods, I noticed that every lake, pond, slough and creek was full to overflowing and the country was as green and verdant as one could expect with winter not quite over.
I really could not get over how full every body of water was that I saw
What a difference 75 miles make, huh?

It is a good thing that I plan to be an NT owner for quite awhile, so I can figure out the acronyms and secret handshake before buying a new bike.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they change by bike model...:rolleyes1: And they really change by brand...:eek1:

Back
Top Bottom