Shifter Pedal Adjustment

Marker

During my ride to Spearfish and back, my 20 year old riding boots which where never used while riding my cruisers kind of disintegrated. In spite of doing some waterproofing before I left, the stitching on these real nice Italian made boots just came apart and on a real rainy day on the way home my feet go soaked.

I have been trying on boots for the last couple of weeks and could not find any that provided any comfort at all. Today I found a pair that was quite comfortable and becuase they were the end of the line for the retailer, I got a great price. I wore them on the way home and the only issue is that the toe of the boot is fairly thick and I had a hard time getting my foot under the shifter to upshift.

I do not have the repair manual yet, so I am asking a question concerning the shifter pedal. If I back off the allen bolt on the shaft end of the shifter, can I rotate the shifter around to a new position to get me more room for my new boot toe? I expect that I would also have to readjust the leaver that goes to the transmission as well, which seems to be an easy job.

http://www.internationalmotorsports.com/SP1-FUSION-FOR-MEN-BOOTS-detail.htm?productId=10658209

Thanks, Gary

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
NO. you need to make the adjustment at the threaded connection rod. Loosen the lock nuts and then twist rod to the proper adjustment. Then retighten lock nuts.

See picture.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Marker

Thanks,

Now that you mention it, it is quite obvious that is what you do.

Cheers, Gary

Top Bottom