Shoei Noetec vs Multitec helmets. Any thoughts?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Web bike world has reviews on both. If you have not done so you should read them as well as the readers comments that are at the end of the reviews.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Having tried to wear both I know they both don't fit me...:rolleyes1: Which is a bit weird as all my other helmets are Shoei's, a RF-1000, RF-1100, and a RJ-Platinum R, and I have been wearing the brand for a long time. Anyway, during the short time I wore them, before returning them to Cycle Gear, the Neotec felt cooler. That may be because it was a little looser fitting than the Multitec was... When my wife started riding last year I bought her the Neotec and she really likes it. I was recently told by a Shoei representative that the Multitec is being discontinued by Shoei although originally the Neotec was touted as the upscale version of the Multitec.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I can't wear the Multitec. The chin guard touches my chin (which is not exactly Leno-like). I'm impressed by the Neotch which seems equivalent to the Schuberth. But I've got a Schuberth and probably won't buy another helmet for at least a couple of years. Prices on the C-3 and the Neotech have both come down a little.

slider

The Qwest with a pinlock fits me better than anything they offer.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Buying a helmet is really difficult. Almost all of the manufacturers have different sizing--for example a Bell Large is a Nolan Extra Large, and so on. I guess that the best thing is to try them on at a local dealer. Our dealer only carries Harley-Davidson and HJC. Right now I have two HJC, a Nolan, and a Bell---and they are all a different size--go figure. Glad they don't do it with boots.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I have to agree with Alex. Unless you are ordering a duplicate of a helmet you already have, trying them on at a dealer is the only way to go. A lot has to do with shell shape. Some are round and some more oval. The differences are subtle but real. When I bought my Arai, I tried on Shoei and HJC but they were not comfortable. The Shoie was unwearable. The Arai Vector is more oval and fit well. It will expire this summer so I am looking again. I tried on an HJC Symax but foud it uncomfortable, probably too round for my oval head. Tried on Nolan, same. Tried on a Shark modular and it seemed good. Maybe I'll go that route.

Of course I'll buy at the dealer that has all of these.

Good luck,

Chuck

slider

Yep it's all about head shape. Revzilla has a huge selection of everything. I tried the latest-greatest down to the cheap ones. I put the Qwest on and said this is me. They mentioned fogging on it so I got a pinlock. There were 3 other guys in there trying them on and we mostly had way different opinions of the same helmets.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
The problem with helmets is when you find the brand and model with the perfect fit in 5 years when you are ready for another its usually not made anymore. You then have to start the search all over again. My Nolan N90 fits me like a glove but I bet when I am ready for a new helmet it will not be available.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I am just hoping that the Lazer Monaco Carbon helmet fits me. Has all the features I want in a helmet, and is lighter than the ones I now use (RF1000 and HJC 3/4).

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
My last hemlet was a multitech, it served me very well from day 1, I purchased it very shortley after it came on the market and it was faithful and good in every respect. Last year at Denver during the IBA National meet I had the opportunity to try on new multitech's and the neotech as well as a Shulberth C-3. Pryor to the multitech I had a schulberth concept and liked it also. I spent the better part of one morning wearing all three before making a decision. the mutitech was nice but I wanted the drop down sun shade and I really like the strap lock devise compared to the shoie old standard strap system, also the neotech felt crampe to me, I bought the Schulberth and will staywith it until it is time for another. For my fitting etc if I were going to get the shoie I would get the multitech.

Eldon

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
You could just buy one now and keep it in the box until the current one is worn out.
I seriously have considered that but in the back of my mind I think they will come out with something even better and I would not want to miss out on it.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
You could just buy one now and keep it in the box until the current one is worn out.
Well...maybe. Helmets are dated coded and should not be worn after Five Years from the date of manufacture according to most manufactures. Just how much they really deteriorate while just sitting on a shelf I don't know....

wingrider.steve

I replaced my trusty Multitec a few months ago with a Neotec and I think the Neotec is a definite improvement over the Multitec.
Don't get me wrong, I really liked the Multitec but the new Neotec is more comfortable, quieter, has vents that actually work and the flip-down sun visor is great.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Thanks for the comments, Rick. I doubt that I will mount anything remotely like a camera. I am considering one of the simpler Scala Rider units so I can get some FM radio and tunes going. (Don't own an MP3 player at this point, may use smart phone). Your points mean I will certainly check the fit through all helmet functions before buying. Was not aware of the Sharktooth.

Top Bottom