Shoei Qwest

elizilla

I wonder if they also sell shark lube at the adult store? The name would fit in reasonably well there. ;)

I talked with Shoei today regarding the loud whistle noise when riding with the visor open and I got the answer I was expecting; do not use it with the visor open (laugh). They simply stated that the helmet is designed to be used visor down. I figured it was worth it just to ask (LOL).

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I hope it's got really good ventilation and doesn't fog up in cold or rain.

OP
OP
vzshadow
Bike
Bonneville T120
I certainly get the whistle with the visor open. No problem when it is open just a crack, wide open produces the whistle.
I rarely ride with it wide open, and only at low speeds. Whistle isn't a problem until the speed is up.

elizilla

I hope it's got really good ventilation and doesn't fog up in cold or rain.
You will be disappointed. :(

Perhaps before the weather cools again, I will finally order that Respro Foggy I keep considering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
One of the things I really like about the Schuberth C3 is its almost total resistance to fogging.

Got a Qwest yesterday and so far very pleased with it. Very quiet even with all the vents open. Had my concerns as I have a RF1000 which really rumbles when the front vents are opened. My CB first series windshield sits about 1-2 inches below my nose if it is of use to those wondering. Qwest is the only helmet I have had to close the top/front vent in 60 degree weather becuase there was too much cool air coming in the top. Really look forward to the summer and not burning up it this is any indicator. It does like to fog up at low speed but I was in the rain: however it quickly clears at higher speeds. Clears water well off the visor at speed. Pays not to snap the visor down to hard or the noise it makes when you do so will set your ears ringing. Top vent tab is a little small for a winter gloved hand. Like the removable and therefore washable interior pieces. Paid about $350 for plain silver.

rcase13

I have the Qwest and really like it. I don't have a whistle. I wear glasses and they fit fine. At low speeds the helmet fogs like crazy.I find the helmet to be very quite especially if the visor is closed a d locked... Too bad I can't do that because of the horrible fogging!

rcase13

I will have to try the Shoei CW-1 Pinlock Face Shield. I think my problem is my glasses are fogging up not the Qwest shield. I like to ride in the cold so I will have to figure something out. I plan on getting the Sena SMH10. Has anyone fitted that to the Qwest?

Has anyone notice a big fit difference between their Shoei Quest and other Shoei made helmets they have owned? The reason I ask is that I have owned Shoei helmets all my life. I find that they fit me better than any other brand I have tried and I have always had great luck with them (comfort etc). I wear a 7 3/8" helmet and the Shoei L had always fit me perfectly. My last Shoei was a TZR and till this day gives me all day comfort. My Shoei Quest that I bought last year kills me! It just seems to tight. It is a L (Shoei 7 3/7" to 7 1/2") or so it says anyway. I don't know if it is mis-labeled or if they have changed their standards, but I think I may try and find a stocking dealer and try a couple on to see.

My Qwest does seem to fit a little tighter all around eventhough it is an XL-my usual size. Part of it is a slightly more snug cheek pad and part is a feeling of a more snug fit around the base of the neck. A little advice: keep trying on Shoei helmets until you find the perfect fit. For reasons unknown to me they all seem to fit a little different in the same size and the same helmet. And if all else fails contact Shoei. Their customer service has been very impressive when I have dealt with them.

PS: tried on a Shuberth for the first time yesterday. Neat helmet that I will never wear due to the feel. Shoei has an equivalent modular if anyone is so interested at $600 or so.

OP
OP
vzshadow
Bike
Bonneville T120
I have a Qwest and a RF1000. I find the Qwest to be more comfortable, not that the RF1000 is uncomfortable. I can ride all day with either of them.

I tried on the Shoei Neotec at the bike show and loved it but the almost $600 dollar cost is more than what my first bike cost.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Has anyone notice a big fit difference between their Shoei Quest and other Shoei made helmets they have owned?
Yes, the Qwest did not "feel" right to me.... I have been wearing Shoei for a long time as well and the Qwest doesn't feel like any of my previous full face Shoei helmets. I ended up with a new RF-1100...excellent ventilation and very comfortable.

rcase13

Just FYI I ordered and installed the Sena SMH10 on the Qwest and it fits perfectly. It works very well with plenty of room for the speakers and mic. It's an awesome combination. A friend that I ride with also got one and as long as you can see each other the sound is very clear. If your on the fence about the Qwest and SMH10 I give a big thumbs up. I think it's such a great combination because the Qwest is a very quite helmet.

Top Bottom