Should I buy OEM belly pan?

datRC

As the title said, should I buy the belly pan? Is it worth the money?
I thought about it, still couldn't make decision?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance:wink:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I bought one to help keep the cold air off my feet when I commute in the winter. If you don't have cold or wet feet issues I would not bother with it.

OP
OP

datRC

I ride the NT year round, during winter months, I use Goretex boot, the boot get wet, not my feet, sometimes feel cold, depends on how low temp is.
In some days, I felt that I really have to get the belly pan, other days I felt fine, warm enough. It's been 2 yrs like that.
This item not always available, pop up on Ebay once a while. This thought always struck me everytime I see it pop up, from UK of course.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
is there a difference between the belly pan and the undercowl?
The OEM "belly pan" versus the SkidMarx "undercowl" are covered in the Reviews section. See Here for the SkidMarx. The "Cliff Notes" version for functionality is the SkidMarx supposedly offers more rain / cold air protection and is much more popular on the Deauville UK forum for that reason. I have never ridden a NT with the Honda version so I can't confirm or deny the advantages. I can say that with the SkidMarx my feet and lower legs stayed a lot drier riding in the rain, only the area around my knees would get wet after installing it. The biggest difference is in appearance and that is a very subjective call...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got the OEM "undercowl." That's what it's called on the Honda UK accessories site. It makes a difference for my feet and lower legs. It's not as "pretty" as the Skidmarx, but it works and doesn't detract from the bike's appearance, IMNSHO. Since I ride year round, I think I've gotten my money out of it.

OP
OP

datRC

Hi Phil,
Thanks for you opinion. Same here NT is my main vehicle, I got the point. I'll get one, new or used. Anyone has one for sale?

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I like the OEM undercowl a lot--especially on wet roads. I also like its appearance.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Dave, Good ol' Wayne (RedLdr1 on the Forum) bought the Skidmarx right after I bought the OEM. He loves it. But I didn't have to paint the OEM undercowl and I haven't had to put up with the smell of cooking fiberglas, either. I think I'll just stick with what I've
got, so your POL (Plumb-Out-of-Luck). Too bad, so sad....

datRC, it will definitely add a bit more utility to the bike. You just missed one that sold here on the Forum within the last week, IIRC. Good luck with finding one!

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Also note with the Honda undercowl that you can still get to your drain plug unlike others. On the other hand when you take it out of the box its looks at best like $40 worth of parts.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
On the other hand when you take it out of the box its looks at best like $40 worth of parts.
Warren, as much as I hate to admit it, that is true. But if you add in the pro-rated share of a couple of days of an engineer's time, it feels better.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I bought the one that had popped up hear, from CREEPUR. Will attempt the installation this weekend. I, too, kind of like the way it looks. The one thing I noticed when I got the NT was that lower leg/foot wind protection was not as good as my first bike (Suzi GS500F) which was fully faired.

Top Bottom