Skully Helmets

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Not released to the public yet. They're looking for beta testers.

[video=youtube_share;b7AYfq9uIY8]http://youtu.be/b7AYfq9uIY8[/video]

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Email from Skully, I sure I would not like one because I am an old man who set in his ways. Maybe the young 'kids' who grow up in the techno age, but not for this old man.
The holidays have come and gone, and with them, our extended production run of the most anticipated motorcycle helmet in the world. We are very close to selling out of this end of year SKULLY AR-1 batch.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
If you could reconfigure it to what you want I would like it.

Distraction? Not if configured for you. Much less distraction than having to look down at an instrument panel or at low mounted rear view mirrors, or a GPS, or a map, or any other 'distraction' on a motorcycle.

Yes, you could be 'distracted' by it, just as you can be by looking at a tach or speedo or rear view mirror too long.

It is just another tool, to be used to your advantage. And, if misused it is dangerous.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I would probably be overwhelmed with sensory data--music, GPS, Phone, intercom. I would not mind the GPS feature and the phone feature. That would be nice.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
At $1500 I don't think I will be a customer anytime soon and the most interesting features I already have in other platforms. Its also not in a flip up or modular design which I prefer. Other than that I think its interesting and wish them luck. If it catches on perhaps one of the major helmet manufactures will take a run at a lower cost version.

HAT

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I think I could go for it as a configurable feature in a modular helmet, but certainly not at $1500. If I maximize the video and pretend it is upper right (where I would typically look at an automotive rearview mirror) instead of lower right, I find it much more natural, less distracting, and leaving a better peripheral focus on the road while taking a quick glance. Especially with the rear view pane.

Top Bottom