Smooth operator

After doing the first oil & filter change the NT feels noticeably smoother and feels quicker. Actually the quickness I feel is likely due to feeling free to run the engine up near redline through the gears now that the engine has been run in. Yesterday a big twin HD rider asked me about the bike as we waited for the traffic signal to change. Green light and the HD pilot stomped hard from the line with me giving chase. The NT caught up quicker than I thought but I was really running hard in each gear and the HD backed off somewhere around 80 or so. Overall I’m very satisfied with the entire package, can’t say enough about the comfort, handling, spot on fueling and space for hauling stuff. I’m hoping to get some time and take this baby on a nice road trip.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I never found the NT lacking for keeping up with any riders (if I think they are doing something stupid: I let them go). I ridden a steady 85mph for miles on expressway, always more if needed. I like getting regular as I watch riding buddies fill with much higher priced fuel.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Noticed the same on my last service a couple of months ago. After getting NaTalie back, she seemed to have more pep after this service. Oil change and a set of spark plugs were part of the service. Those things made quite a difference.

Top Bottom