So where is the NCX?

Anyone noticed that the NCX is not here yet? Best estimates from a Powersports dealer is late August or later.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I feel sorry for the dealer network on this one... Honda USA introduces a new model, gets all the press hype going, has it at IMS shows around the country, gets folks hot to buy one, and then can't deliver on it in a timely manner...:rolleyes1: That stroke of marketing magic may help turn it in to another DN-01....

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
One of our Members, Christian, has a brand new one in Stokholm and he loves it and I believe he said he has put 3,000KM's on it.

I am waiting for us to get not only the NCX but the Integra scooter that shares the same platform and engine and may or may not have the auto trans option in it.

The Kawasaki Versy's 1000 adventure bike is another that hasn't made it's way here.

The United States is all in all a small market so the MFG's concentrate on where the sales are and we're last on the Totem pole.

Sam:)
Small market? 300 milling people with money to burn isn't a small market. While India and China might be larger they don't purchase much of anything above 100cc.

Bike
Silver NT700V
US actually is a small market. Those 300 million people are not lining up at the local Honda shop to buy. The few that do, mostly treat the motorcycle like an RV or toy. It's a fair weather, in the mood sort of thing. I have a neighbor with a nice Harley. I put twice as many miles on the NT last year as he has on the Harley in five. The difference is that for me the bike is transportation as well as recreation. I, like Phil and Rick and some others, am in the minority.

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
If the USA is a small market us poor Australians must be only a tiny speck (only 27 million population over here). No wonder we struggle to get many things

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
The dealer closest to me"just" got one in. They teased me by telling me that it was prepped and ready to go, but would NOT let me take it for a test drive. This is the same dealer that let me sit on my first NT when they first came out. They wouldn't let me test ride that one either. They are also on of those dealers that price things above MSRP and act even then add on extra fees. Not sure how they stay in business. Needless to say I didn't buy the NT from them. Sorry to go off on a rant, just seems like these guys try to chase customers away. I don't know how they stay in business.

About the NC. I LIKE IT! I can honestly say that if it had been available when I bought my NT I am almost certain I would have bought it inside. I love the storage in the faux tank. It has a shorter wheelbase and the suspension looks like it has more travel. It has really sticky street tires and it didn't really seem like a competitor for vstroms. The ergos felt very similar to my NT with 1" risers. The seat was firmer, but seemed like it would be comfortable for many miles.

Even though I liked it A LOT, I don't see it replacing my NT. The NCX had virtually no wind protection and the little windscreen looked like it was only good for taking the pressure off your chest. Even if you added bags and a topbox I don't see it being quite the mile muncher the NT is. Seeing it in person was good, and I liked it better in person than the photos I had seen. I don't see myself trading the NT for it though.

cosmicnt

Anyone noticed that the NCX is not here yet? Best estimates from a Powersports dealer is late August or later.
Ya'll just live in the wrong place....Al Lamb's Dallas Honda (POWERHOUSE) has the NC in standard trans and dual clutch!!....and they are flying out the door. He also had plenty of NT's when no one else did...guess you could say a true "Powerhouse Dealer".

Bike
Silver NT700V
Saw a few at NCs at Honda of Houston while getting my 28K service. Not tempted. Don't know why Honda wouldn't keep the NT and NC. They are completely different machines with different purposes in mind. To me NC looks good for local rides and commute. It also has a certain "street fighter" look that seems popular now. NT is an obvious (to me) traveling machine.

cosmicnt

Saw a few at NCs at Honda of Houston while getting my 28K service. Not tempted. Don't know why Honda wouldn't keep the NT and NC. They are completely different machines with different purposes in mind. To me NC looks good for local rides and commute. It also has a certain "street fighter" look that seems popular now. NT is an obvious (to me) traveling machine.

We also have 2012 NT's in Dallas.......it is not gone as many people on here seem to think it is.

Bike
2010 NT700V
US actually is a small market. Those 300 million people are not lining up at the local Honda shop to buy. The few that do, mostly treat the motorcycle like an RV or toy. It's a fair weather, in the mood sort of thing. I have a neighbor with a nice Harley. I put twice as many miles on the NT last year as he has on the Harley in five. The difference is that for me the bike is transportation as well as recreation. I, like Phil and Rick and some others, am in the minority.
Well, that and the fact that you have a Honda and he has . . . . . . .

Bike
choosing
Bought my NT today. The dealer had a NC prominently displayed in the front
of the dealership. It is one of those displays that make it appear to be going
up a hill. I like the bike but adventure tourers are not my cup of tea.

Joe

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Methinks you should look at the manufacture date plate on that NT.
Methinks the manufacturing date for the rumored 2012 NT in Dallas is the same as the manufacturing date as the 2013 NT claimed by me. Non-existent.

This weekend's drama of 2012 (or 2013) NT's being sold in the USA, from russia or not, for $3995 or $9995, was a hoax. Please continue enjoying your 2010 and 2011 NT700's previously sold.

Top Bottom