Spearfish Yes – VFR maybe not

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
My guess is assembly cement. Best to use some type of assembly cement when fitting tricky parts together than risk dislodging the gasket and then tightening the bolts. Very often you just can't see what got dislodged upon wiggling stuff into place.

OP
OP
Frosty

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
I think that you and Mellow are both correct. The records show a 16,000 mile check in 2003 (approx 3,000 since) by a Honda dealer. A valve check is part of that. The sealant on the half circles was minimal and well done. I suspect the service technician used the adhesive. I cleaned the channel with solvent and will use a thin film of Hondabond HT to tack the gaskets in for assembly.

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
I too have abandoned Honda's recommendation on the valve clearance intervals. I checked them religiously for the first three intervals and then went to a 30K check. Even then, there was not much difference.

Now, as to hangin' upside down whistling Dixie...at $100/hour, that means that for $25 we could watch you do that for 15 minutes..... hmmmmm…… that would be worth watchin'...…. any other takers??? Send us the vid Macka, the check is in the mail!....

:ROFLMAO:

Mike
Much like FJRs. Check intervals are something like 26,500 miles, but most FJRs can go at least three intervals before the shims under buckets need to be adjusted.

Top Bottom