St Valentine's Day

Bike
Bonneville T120
The temperature is about 39? in the greater Bangor metropolitan area but snow covers the ground. The roads are clear except for the layer of road salt and sand that isn't too thick. Therefore, I took the bride's VLX out for a short ride. My Olympia gloves kept me warm with no wind protectors or heated grips. The only time I was the slightest bit cold is when my wind speed exceeded 50mph. As I was in town for most of the ride, it wasn't a problem.

That covers February and brings my total to 37 straight months of riding in Bangor, Maine. Not bad for the great white north!

I rode last Sunday. It was quite windy. I don't have heated grips, but with the CeeBailey and wind deflectors, I was ok.

One of the reasons I've survived this long is I know when it's OK to go for a ride and when to stay home. We had a very nice lunch in a cool restaurant with tables overlooking the river, then I drove her back to her office and went shopping for a mushy Valentine and some handmade chocolates. Then I hurried home and vacuumed the entire house, brought down a new load of wood and started a warm fire, fed the dogs and after they did their post-meal run dried them off and let them back inside and made a fresh pot of coffee. She's currently on her way home so I'll close this out and live to see another day. Wotta guy...

LL75 :smile:

Back
Top Bottom