Stacked MCL Risers?

Daniel

I have installed MCL risers on my bike, but I'm still not as comfortable as I would like.
Has anybody "stacked" MCL risers (two sets). Obviously this would take longer bolts,
cables ect... or maybe rerouting the cables?......Daniel

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Daniel,

Based on my experience with MCL risers you would probably need to replace the cables and front brake hose to do a "double". I just don't think their is enough slack, even with rerouting, for that additional inch.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Or you could spend $50 to $60 more then the plain old Rox riser and get the Rox 2" risers with the anti-vibe rubber inserts. Your cables may require rerouting for 2" rise. I see no problem with stacking 2 MCL risers if you get longer bolts, other then perhaps rerouting cables. If it's your clutch cable that is a bit short, order the transalp cable mentioned in the sticky on sources for longer cables and replace the stock one with it. Relatively simple replacement - feed it up from the bottom with your bars turned left, connect it to the clutch at the motor and to the clutch lever at the bars.

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
I just installed the Rox Risers 2 " with rubber inserts last weekend, and I am very pleased with them. The cables and brake line do just fit as they are, with just loosening the clamp on the brake line and moving the line up as far as possible without straining and re-tightning clamp to hold. I rotated the clutch lever just a bit to gain a little slack, and the brake line does not have strain on it, but just barely.
The rubber seems to help quite a bit with the vibration, not 100% gone, but much better, and the position is much better.
I have about 1 1/2 " rise and about 1" rearward change. I bought direct from Rox and they shipped same day.

OP
OP

Daniel

I thought about the Rox risers. I have in my hand right now Barback risers from Twisted Throttle and I'm not so sure they will do the trick. I think the 2" rise is what I need and I like the MCL custom fit for the NT. If anybody is looking for Twisted Throttle
Barbacks (never used) only mounted for test fit, I could get them to your door for $90 (continental US)...daniel

Top Bottom