Still searching for the comfort zone...

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
I've been trying to make this bike fit me right and I am getting closer, I've thought most of it was vibration issues and tried about everything there is to try, last thing I tried seem to help the most was installing Rox Anti-Vibe 2" Risers, but what I think helped most with the install was I got 1 inch more pullback than I had before which gave me more bend in my elbows my arms did seem to be to straight before now after the install I can ride about a hour before any discomfort before I could only ride about 20 minutes before pain set in. Also I found after the hour ride if I lean forward just a little the pain goes away but it feels awkward because of the foot peg location, if they was a little more rearward it maybe more comfortable? So I got to thinking again (oh' no!) Pegs on my CBR's may help this? Do they fit? Yes indeed they do!Ok after the install of the pegs I find that they are off-set to the rear by 10 mm and lower by 4 mm this may help? I will not get to ride it for awhile to see if it helps. Also what I know will totally make it more comfort is about 1/2 to a inch more back on the bars to work with the stock pegs but will more than likely have to get longer cables for everything. Think I maybe able to keep the NT after all! pics bars w Rox Risers and pic of NT and CBR peg mounted.

Attachments

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
I sure hope that works for you, Daryl!
Thank's Phil I appreciate it, really if the change in the pegs don't do anymore to help I'll just add another inch pull back and change the required lines and cables and I'm 99% sure I'll be set.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
With the pegs back do you have any issue with the reach to shifter?

I have been having pain in my hands lately, even on pretty short rides. I don't think it is the bike, it is me. They didn't hurt like this in the past with the same bar setup. I just put a cramp buster on the throttle but haven't rode with it much yet. Hope I can prevent this issue for me.

Brad

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
With the pegs back do you have any issue with the reach to shifter?

I have been having pain in my hands lately, even on pretty short rides. I don't think it is the bike, it is me. They didn't hurt like this in the past with the same bar setup. I just put a cramp buster on the throttle but haven't rode with it much yet. Hope I can prevent this issue for me.

Brad
I've not got to ride it yet, (but feels ok just sitting on it),so I'm not sure if the shifter is going to be a problem but I found a Honda shifter in my stash thats shorter and will bolt right on if need be. I may get a cramp buster to try out too.

Bike
2010 NT700V
A Crampbuster is like $10, and sold at most motorcycle shops.

How tall are you? I'm 5'8" and the NT fits me perfectly. Previous owner stuck on some risers, but I haven't done anything for ergonomics other than a clip on Crampbuster. Foot pegs are stock. Elbows have a neutral bend sitting upright with arms at mid-chest, knees are at 90 degrees. I can even stand straight up dirt bike style on long rides to stretch.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
A Crampbuster is like $10, and sold at most motorcycle shops.

How tall are you? I'm 5'8" and the NT fits me perfectly. Previous owner stuck on some risers, but I haven't done anything for ergonomics other than a clip on Crampbuster. Foot pegs are stock. Elbows have a neutral bend sitting upright with arms at mid-chest, knees are at 90 degrees. I can even stand straight up dirt bike style on long rides to stretch.
The only thing I can figure is everyone's body takes to a different shape after getting older, I've been riding CBR 600's since 1987 and have put on about 250,000 miles on the two I got and I think my body is formed to that riding position the handlebars are real close to me and elbows have more bend than on the NT I even walk around with my arms out in front of me.

Top Bottom